WELCOME TO BYUCOUGARLADYUTE

This site is for sharing and recording the life of the "never know what will happen next" Taylor Family.

Why do we call it BYUCOUGARLADYUTE? Simple. Andy's blood runs very true blue, very BYU. Mine? Well, it runs purple. Over five years ago, we decided to go back to school. Andy to BYU and an MBA, and I went to the U for an MFA.

Mostly this blog is about our kids: Ally, Manda and Will!

Ally and Mandy

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: BYU Stadium of Fire Tickets...
DATE: 04/01/2008 13:55:34
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I blogged again. Come and visit us at:

http://taylor-family-times.blogspot.com/

Love you!!


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Green Monsters, Kneeling in Prayer and High Fashion Modesty...
DATE: 03/30/2008 12:27:43
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I blogged again, this is like a record or something!!

http://taylor-family-times.blogspot.com


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Taylor Family Times
DATE: 03/27/2008 13:21:31
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I updated my blog. I finally learned a few tricks having a bit of extra time today. Enjoy!

http://taylor-family-times.blogspot.com/


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Here is a quick blog update for March...
DATE: 03/10/2008 13:09:37
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Let's see...concise and yet informative...

  • Mandy had the flu this weekend (I have to say she handled herself beautifully. This kid complains little about this kind of thing...and lots about sippy cups!)
  • Ally had an asthma attack. She was wheezing pretty fierce but she is back on medication and doing fine.
  • Andy's game night for the ward went very well. His Richard Dawson was a huge hit!! It was the most fun this ward has ever had together.
  • I finished my paper about the postmodern fairytale in dance, a few grants and attended a Saturday workshop about using mirrors in dance (or rather not using them). All very busy but mostly this is what I have loved about the last few weeks...That when told that girls were only princesses when they were dressed a certain way, Ally responded that all of Heavenly Father's children were princes and princesses--even if they were poor and starving and didn't have princess hair. (I thought the last comment was pretty cute). And at the doctor's last night, Ally read to me even though she was wheezing and I offered to read to her (which I eventually did)--she wanted to read to me and late at night at the doctor's we were laughing hard at some of the books. And when Amanda was very sick, she patted me on the cheek and said, "Mommy, you are a very good mommy to me." And Andy made chocolate mint cookies that were REALLY good and after nearly nine years of marriage, he still gives the best hugs ever!!
  • There's our update. Here is wishing all of you a great week ahead!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 03/10/2008 13:24:34
Excellent, Concise, and yet informative with just the right dash of fun-ness.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 03/10/2008 15:23:16
You have a way of enjoying the moments!--even the sick ones :-). It was great to talk to you this afternoon. Love you tons, Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 03/10/2008 18:05:27
Enough of the sickness already!! I'm so sorry your girls were sick. I hope everyone is better soon. Let's get spring here and have some fun!! Thanks for the update...we've missed you around here!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 03/11/2008 09:53:31
I love hearing about cute things the girls have said- so adorable! I hope you guys don't have any more sickness! I agree with Dani- it's time for spring and time for fun!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 03/13/2008 16:15:17
awesome update candice!

i don't know about you but i'm with Dani: ENUFF OF THE SICKNESS ALREADY!!! (glad that's off my chest!)

i loved the quotes from the girls- what sweethearts!

and... it's a blessing to have good hugs. be sure to hug back! love ya!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 03/26/2008 22:10:14
You have a couple of wonderful little girls there. Thanks for sharing these insights into their lives, minds, and hearts. But I'm not totally amazed at what they do because they have a great mom and a great dad. The nurturing they are getting is providing the atmosphere for them to blossom like they are. Makes grandpa most proud---and I think pride here is alright! And congratulations on your school work stuff. It's impressive too. :-)
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Elimee
DATE: 03/04/2008 15:03:53
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Beautiful Girl--Happy Birthday!! May this year bring health (!!) and happiness!

We love you to pieces sweetie!!

love,

uncle Andy, aunt Candy and the girls


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Elimee Sue
DATE: 03/11/2008 15:12:43
That's me??! :) I guess I've grown up quite a bit since then! thankyou for the birthday wishes! I miss you guys terribly out here and I can't wait until we see you again :) love you!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Ryan
DATE: 02/28/2008 13:48:54
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Birthday, Ryan

Proud to have you as a brother and wishing you a great year ahead!!

Love,

Candice, Andy and girls


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Jacob!
DATE: 02/19/2008 12:28:54
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Birthday, Jacob!

What a cutie you are!! May this year be the best yet!! We love you!!!

Candice, Andy, and the girls


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Yahoo Blogs
DATE: 02/11/2008 15:12:53
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Looks like I will have to print all my blogs as Yahoo faces an uncertain future. I hope all you will do the same. I will continue to have my Blogger site but I really want a blog forum like this with the Avatars and such. They are so much fun!

BJ, thanks for the info. Yahoo did turn down Microsoft's offer--ought to be interesting what happens next. Keep me posted, okay?


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 02/11/2008 19:38:31
Yes, they did turn down the offer... but right now all the talk suggests that either somebody else will likely make an offer, or that there will be a hostile takeover by Microsoft. It will be interesting to see what happens.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 02/11/2008 20:11:35
I'm gonna start printing everything too. I think I'm going to start a blogspot blog as well. I've had a lot of friends want me to do that anyway, so I think that's the direction I'll be going. Then I'll just link to it from here like BJ and Rochelle do. I'm sure it wont be for a little while though. I don't seem to have much time for any of it lately!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!
DATE: 02/08/2008 15:26:42
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Girl-Trapped! Here is the guy's guy in a tutu wearin' girl trap in the ever depressing weather of Utah. And yet...

He loves his girls. He's made tons of friends in Utah (as he always does). He takes care of us. He is strong for me. He is our sweet daddy and my sweet husband.

Happy Birthday, Andy. I love you!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 02/08/2008 19:42:14
Awwww.... Happy Birthday, Andy! I hope you have enjoyed the day!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Tanner!
DATE: 02/04/2008 11:56:18
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Birthday, Tanner!!

We wish you lots of fun this year!! We love you and think you are one adorable kid!!

Love,

Andy, Candice, Ally and Mandy


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 02/04/2008 14:31:48
fun times! and btw, cute, CUTE avatar sis. :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 02/04/2008 14:38:08
He had a great day. Thank you!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: my return to blogging...
DATE: 01/24/2008 15:15:48
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Hey all,

As with everyone else, I have been sick (with bronchitis) and am now feeling better. Like Rhonda, I get overwhelmed at the thought of catching up on blogging. Perhaps just a recap will do?

Girls and I have gone back to school and are looking forward to summertime.

Andy has joined a "Biggest Loser Club" at work and might (gasp!) join a regular gym.

Andy and I are skiing on Saturday. Too bad none of you will be there to make fun of me wobble.

Ally is trying out for the spelling bee and Mandy is officially in the reading program at Challenger.

We are glad that most all of you have returned to blogging. It is always fun to read the blogs!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 01/24/2008 15:57:35
So glad you're back! Have a blast Saturday!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 01/24/2008 17:29:56
I'm glad you're feeling better- this was a long one for you, wasn't it?! Hopefully we'll see you soon.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 01/25/2008 08:28:34
Yea, you're back!! I hope you continue to be in good health for skiing! You'll have fun so don't worry! I hear the snow is amazing up there this year. How could it not be? More powder means softer landings!! :-) Love ya!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 01/26/2008 06:28:44
skiing? how fun. i hope you two have a great but safe time! and, it is good to see you writing. love ya honey!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Braden A
DATE: 02/10/2008 12:58:27
Good to have you back!YEA!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Belated Birthday, Kirkie!
DATE: 01/18/2008 16:03:05
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Sorry to have been too sick to get this out on time. But you know we love you and wish you the happiest year yet.

Love ya, man! (Here is an oldie photo but a goodie!)


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 01/23/2008 17:10:43
It is a goodie!! :-) Thanks Candice!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Braden A
DATE: 02/10/2008 13:00:12
What a good looking guy!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Braden!
DATE: 01/03/2008 13:46:32
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Birthday, Braden! We think you are the coolest! We hope your day was great and that this year is the best ever! We love you!!!

Love,

Andy, Candice and the girls


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 01/04/2008 08:51:30
Braden says "Thanks guys!" and he hopes to see you all soon!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Baby
DATE: 12/23/2007 15:37:30
STATUS: publish
BODY:

My sweet Amanda Kate! I love you and wish you the best birthday ever! You are a miracle, a joy and the tightest bundle of energy this side of the Mississippi. May this year be the best yet!

Love,

Mommy


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 12/24/2007 20:53:53
Happy Birthday, my bright eyes!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Building A Snowman
DATE: 12/19/2007 14:27:08
STATUS: publish
BODY:

This was also so much fun. We built a huge snowman in our courtyard area. The girls love to get cold I guess!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/19/2007 14:46:12
You guys do a good job of having fun! What a great snowman!!! I love his face :-)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/19/2007 15:19:33
Wow, he's so big!! That took some serious effort! What a fun time for you guys!!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Whitney's Christmas Concert
DATE: 12/19/2007 13:14:11
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/19/2007 14:47:17
It was a great concert. Whitney's orchestra plays very well and the girls were very behaved! A good thing to expose them to....
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Whitney's Christmas Concert
DATE: 12/19/2007 13:13:24
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora
DATE: 12/19/2007 20:07:52
Look how long her hair is getting!!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Whitney's Orchestra Concert Christmas 2007
DATE: 12/19/2007 13:12:33
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We had such a good time listening to the wonderful music provided by Whitney and the Lone Peak orchestras and band members. The kids loved it (yes, even Mandy after she settled down!)

What a great way to spend an evening!!!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/19/2007 15:21:04
I'll bet they loved it! Wish we could have been there, but Kirk had to work late that night and Kimmy had Nutcracker stuff going on at the same time. We will catch it next time!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Hale Center Theatre Day_Scrooge!!!
DATE: 12/15/2007 10:24:53
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We had such a fun day at Scrooge!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 12/15/2007 21:28:14
they look so adorable! i'm so glad to see the pics...everyone seems to be enjoying the fun!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 12/16/2007 05:03:00
This picture was taken with my 5 MP, Kodak Easyshare, with a flash. How is that for technical photography? Of course when the subject matter is such beauty, it really is point and shoot. That's my secret really, I let my girls do all the work. I sail!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/16/2007 15:05:57
That was a great day, Marissa and Mandy seeing the show for the first time. What cute girls!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Mademoiselle Hair-do
DATE: 12/15/2007 10:10:35
STATUS: publish
BODY:

This is not an easy look-I would not recommend it for your winter styles...
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/15/2007 10:23:36
You got the hang of it, Candice! Are those her real curls or did you find a cascade?
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 12/16/2007 05:00:22
Wow, what a wonderful thing you did Candice.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 12/16/2007 09:47:19
Those are her real curls-I feel some pride that a few people thought it was a hair piece...;D
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/16/2007 15:09:19
Share your secret with me! They look beautiful! Kimmy's looked pretty good too, but I left them in too long, next time I'll start over after day two.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Mademoiselles
DATE: 12/15/2007 10:09:25
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Hey all,

Here are a couple of cuties, dressed for performance!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/15/2007 10:22:49
LOVE it! Looks like Dani and Candice--can you see it? Beautiful little girls who are going to drive their parents nuts in about 8 years!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora
DATE: 12/16/2007 00:25:36
Look at Ally!! She's a babe! Those boys are going to go crazy after these girls.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 12/16/2007 04:59:18
awww, so cute, What a beautiful performance.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/16/2007 14:59:53
They really do look like sisters in this photo! I'm so glad that they were able to do this together and have such a great time!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 12/18/2007 07:44:57
They were so cute and did such a great job dancing!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: More photos
DATE: 12/12/2007 09:28:48
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/12/2007 18:50:57
Loved all of your pictures here, Candice. They represent huge amounts of LOVE! :=)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/14/2007 13:17:10
Love all the pics too. She sure seemed to soak it all in! It was a great way to spend a Sat. morning!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: More photos
DATE: 12/12/2007 09:27:39
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: More photos
DATE: 12/12/2007 09:26:48
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: More photos
DATE: 12/12/2007 09:25:38
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: More photos
DATE: 12/12/2007 09:24:24
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: More photos
DATE: 12/12/2007 09:23:24
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: More photos
DATE: 12/12/2007 09:22:17
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: More photos
DATE: 12/12/2007 09:21:01
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Mandy's Birthday Party (The Beautiful Party with a Superman Cake)
DATE: 12/10/2007 14:32:17
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here is our beautiful Mandy celebrating turning 4. What a cutie! Everyone who was unable to come was missed--but we also had a really fun morning. I think this particular tradition of celebrating Mandy's birthday by having a family breakfast is a keeper!!

I will post more photos--thanks to BJ (otherwise known as PJ) for his great shots.


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/10/2007 14:35:24
What a cutie! It was a "super" fun party for a "super" girl!! Love you guys!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/10/2007 14:54:26
We must have been blogging at the same time! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Mandy keeps us laughing!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 12/11/2007 14:41:25
We had a really fun time! I loved the "fashion show"!! lol
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 12/12/2007 05:44:43
i can't wait to see what you all did!

many looks to have VERY MUCH enjoyed it being HER day! :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 12/12/2007 05:45:00
i can't wait to see what you all did!

mandy looks to have VERY MUCH enjoyed it being HER day! :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 12/13/2007 21:46:09
Great photos. Great party. Great B-day girl. Great memories. Great pancakes, and great food. Great Vermont "Land of Joseph" syrup. Indeed, let's do it again next year! Thanks for putting it all together. It was great. lol.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Just a note to let you know we are still here...
DATE: 12/04/2007 12:27:29
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I haven't blogged in a while or commented as much as I should. Just wrapping up classes for the semester at UVSC and at the U. Turning in two projects for the semester that got rave reviews--yea! and examining students at UVSC--who have pretty much been a joy to teach.

We purchased our Christmas tree and are finally decorating it. Thanks to mom, I was able to wrap most of the kids' Christmas while mandy played XBox. So, now we will be able to turn our attention to finishing shopping and enjoying the season.


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/04/2007 15:12:16
Glad you get a break for awhile! It was fun to help you wrap!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/04/2007 16:59:02
I'm sure you are looking forward to having a break! Way to go on the wrapping! I'm very impressed that you got it done already. We look forward to seeing you guys more in the next few weeks! Love ya!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 12/05/2007 22:15:05
It's a crazy time of the year, but we're all hoping to have time to visit and celebrate the holidays together. I'm glad to hear your school things are wrapping up, both as teacher and student. Congrats on the responses to your school work. I'm anxious to find out more about it. lol.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 12/06/2007 07:56:55
Nice Sweater.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 12/10/2007 13:08:43
It will be nice to just take a rest in a while, huh?! It was good to see you and celebrate Mandy's birthday on Saturday.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Brinley!!
DATE: 11/27/2007 15:40:08
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Birthday, cutie pie! I hope that this was a great day for you! We love you and we will swing by soon with a little present for a beautiful little girl!

Love,

Candice, Andy, Ally and Mandy


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 11/28/2007 23:52:00
yeah for birthdays, especially the first...




-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Rhonda!
DATE: 11/19/2007 14:17:26
STATUS: publish
BODY:

"There's a special kind of freedom sisters enjoy. Freedom to share innermost thoughts, to ask a favor, to show their true feelings. The freedom to simply be themselves." Author Unknown

Happy Birthday, Rhonda!!! I love you and can't wait to see you this week!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 11/20/2007 08:46:42
i loved that day- those photos with you and with the family. probably the best i ever have looked! thanks for the thoughts sister! :)
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Mindy!!
DATE: 11/17/2007 14:58:53
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We love you!!! Have a great day and a great year!!!!

Love,

Andy, Candice and the girls


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 11/19/2007 08:35:24
Very Happy Birthday to Mindy, its a Min-DAY for Mindy...
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Mandy's School Photo
DATE: 11/16/2007 12:56:30
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here is my cutie in her latest school photo!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 11/16/2007 13:00:59
Beautiful little Manda-Kate...
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 11/16/2007 13:39:34
Very cute. I love those blond curls! What a sweetie.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 11/16/2007 14:13:59
Our little miracle child--what a cute girl!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 11/16/2007 20:48:18
what a sweet, beautiful little thing...!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 11/17/2007 13:56:14
Very sweet and pretty little girl!!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Two peas in a pod...
DATE: 11/08/2007 08:08:23
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Mandy and I are both not feeling well today. Colds. I even had to call in sick. But feeling well enough to tackle the laundry. We have a weekend planned of "fall organizing". I hate going into winter feeling like there is too much in drawers and closests unorganized. Don't ask--OCD or something I am sure. But it seriously fills me with joy to think that nothing is lurking around without a home to be placed into. This is when Andy refers to me as Suzanne's daughter. And I say, thank you!

I guess that's how mother and daughter relationships are sometimes, like two peas in a pod from one generation to the next.


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 11/08/2007 10:52:50
Funny. I like being in the pod with you girls!! Hope you feel better real soon.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora
DATE: 11/08/2007 13:41:19
I know what you mean about wanting to organize. I am nesting in a big way...in my mind. I want to clean, but men, I'm tired, so it's not happening very fast, but I hope things will accelerate as I get less tired. But goodness, why does being pregnant make me have to go to the bathroom so many times a night. Geeze! :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 11/08/2007 19:04:31
Kimmy and Rissa are sick too, as am I, but it's been mild for me so far. Tanner just got better. There seem to be a lot of cold illnesses going around right now! Hope you guys get better soon. As for the cleaning bit, I'm somewhat OCD myself. That's why we still have tons of boxes in my garage from our move. I refuse to bring anything in to our house that will add clutter, so I'm going through it all a little at a time. So far, my strategy is working, and my kids are learning from it and have been TONS cleaner too. YEA!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 11/08/2007 19:24:54
look at you getting all organized. in my dreams over here! so sorry that you aren't feeling well. i'm getting over another IBS attack. i'm beginning to wonder if it has to do with the weather! temperature change.. metabolism change...?

take care, honey. love ya!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 11/10/2007 09:10:05
I like peas---in the pod. One of my most favorite things.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 11/11/2007 05:13:09
Actually, you are wonderfully organized like your mother, and creatively inspired by your father. What a woman!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 11/12/2007 19:59:20
I definitely didn't get that gene.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: And here is Mandy as Minnie!
DATE: 10/30/2007 13:28:29
STATUS: publish
BODY:

The ceramic jewelry boxes were beautifully painted--no one even got paint on their costumes!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/30/2007 13:33:02
Mandy really looks adorable! That dark blue wall sure makes for a nice photo background. Can't wait to see the jewelry boxes!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 10/30/2007 17:45:14
Looks like a great party. Minnie never looked better.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/31/2007 09:08:21
She looked so cute!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/31/2007 17:15:54
the party looks FUN and the girl's look ADORABLE! what a great party! :)
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Kimmy was adorable as Hermione...
DATE: 10/30/2007 13:26:26
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/30/2007 13:34:17
What fun! It's so nice that these two girls have each other for cousins and friends. It will be fun to see them grow up together. Kimmy makes a great Hermione.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 10/30/2007 17:43:32
Better than the original Hermione if you ask me. Just a little younger and a little prettier. :-)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 10/31/2007 09:26:02
The magic wand was a very good touch...
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: More Birthday...
DATE: 10/30/2007 13:25:06
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 10/31/2007 09:25:32
What a fun party...


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Alexandra, Alexa, Ally's birthday party!
DATE: 10/30/2007 13:24:23
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here are some photos of the big day! We had a great turn out and lots of fun!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/30/2007 13:31:45
Her smile says it all. Very cute. Glad she had such a nice time!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 10/30/2007 17:40:51
Great photo. A great memory. And, yep, the photo does say it all.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/31/2007 09:11:51
She was absolutely beaming!! You could tell she had a great time! I loved yours and Andy's costumes too...where's your picture of that? :-)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 10/31/2007 09:25:09
Little Allerina!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 11/02/2007 22:20:02
The pictures are all great. Looks like fun! :)
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Taylor!!!
DATE: 10/28/2007 10:53:40
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Wow, 18. Do you feel old? :)

We are so proud of you and love you so much!!!!!

Can't wait to see you--it isn't long now!

We are all sending loves and squeezes!!!

Candice, Andy and the girls


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/28/2007 13:13:20
I love this picture!! It really takes me back! What a cutie.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/28/2007 19:50:28
taylor says...: 'yes, i am 18. i don't feel any older although i've got an 18 year old job. thanks for the post!'
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 10/29/2007 15:01:01
Hey, Taylor, You may be 18, but this old man can still beat you up!!!




-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Family Party Scheduled!
DATE: 10/22/2007 12:49:01
STATUS: publish
BODY:
I have scheduled the clubhouse at Cambria for 12/31 for our family holiday party 7-10pm. (They don't let us stay after 10). Hope everyone can come!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/22/2007 22:10:29
Yea!! This will be fun! Thanks for being so on the ball!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/23/2007 12:02:58
fun! i'm so excited to be there!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Ally's 1st Grade Photo
DATE: 10/20/2007 07:19:52
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Just wanted to share this cutie's photo!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/20/2007 08:11:44
And she is...very much a cutie!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora
DATE: 10/20/2007 12:11:25
She is so beautiful!!! It was so great to see you guys. Love you!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/20/2007 14:09:48
Darling!! I hadn't noticed how long her hair is lately! And, she looks so grown up to me here too!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/23/2007 12:01:54
gosh she looks grown up- and lovely!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!!!
DATE: 10/17/2007 16:23:07
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy #7 Sweetie!

I am so proud of you! Always remember...

You are beautiful, smart, talented but most of all--you are kind.

I love you!!!

Mommy


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/17/2007 19:44:12
Alexa, you are ALL the things your mom says you are and we love this picture of you! :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 10/17/2007 19:59:11
Ally- happy birthday!!!!! We love you and we hope it has been a fun- filled day at school and at home! See you soon!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 10/29/2007 18:59:19
Ally, your Mom is absolutely right. You are beautiful, talented, smart, and kind hearted. All of which makes for a wonderful you. You are fun to be around. You always make me smile. Have a great year. Smile. Laugh. Learn. Grow. Dance. And enjoy.

We love you Ally,

Grandpa Ron
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Personality Test
DATE: 10/09/2007 12:45:00
STATUS: publish
BODY:

This was a fun personality test to take. Here is the url:

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourpersonalitytypequiz/

Have Fun!!

You Are An ISFJ
The Nurturer

You have a strong need to belong, and you very loyal.
A good listener, you excel at helping others in practical ways.
In your spare time, you enjoy engaging your senses through art, cooking, and music.
You find it easy to be devoted to one person, who you do special things for.

In love, you express your emotions through actions.
Taking care of someone is how you love them. And you do it well!

At work, you do well in a structured environment. You complete tasks well and on time.
You would make a good interior designer, chef, or child psychologist.

How you see yourself: Competent, dependable, and detail oriented

When other people don't get you, they see you as: Boring, dominant, and stuck in a rut

-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/09/2007 17:03:47
I just got the exact same results as you! I think we must be sisters, first we get the same on the IQ test, now this! :-) Do you agree with your results? I think this describes me very well, although I don't think people would view me as dominant. Boring and stuck in a rut, yes, but not dominant. Thanks for the idea, this was fun!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/09/2007 21:41:49
This is my result. I found it difficult to choose between some of the items because I thought they both fit!

You Are An ESFJ

The Caregiver

You are sympathetic and caring, putting friends and family first.

A creature of habit, you prefer routines and have trouble with change.

You love being in groups - whether you're helping people or working on a project.

You are good at listening, laughing, and bringing out the best in people.

In love, you value harmony and mutual understanding.

You will apologize or give someone the benefit of the doubt, if it means getting over a fight sooner.

At work, you are good at building relationships and connecting with people.

You would make a great nurse, social worker, or teacher.

How you see yourself: Organized, dependable, co-operative

When other people don't get you, they see you as: Opinionated, critical, and know-it-all (Probably true)




-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/10/2007 05:31:33
interesting...hmmm... i guess i must find time to do the test!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 10/14/2007 20:34:05
ISFJ Isn't Sophistication for Jingles? What an interesting personality you have. Perhaps we can learn to better understand each others backwards way of doing things. Because if I think backwards, and you think backwards, then we can move forwards knowing that we understand each others 'in'wards.




-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 10/16/2007 17:58:41
The test seems to be for women only. All the tests on that site are. :-(
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Update October 4th
DATE: 10/04/2007 13:32:45
STATUS: publish
BODY:

It has been awhile since I blogged last. Just wanted to let everyone know we are all fine here. It is October and it is busy as usual. So here is the update...

Andy did receive more responsibilities at work--he proposed a new project for his old program and he got the go ahead for that as well as he received another entirely new project to oversee as well. This will mean more travel and eventually a staff under him as well. He is currently restaffing the nursery in our ward because this month the nursery literally doubles in size. It is a big project as well and there is an uphill climb sometimes when changes need to be made in our ward but he always sees it through.

Ally is currently involved with lots. She just finished her fall soccer schedule--her team went undefeated. They had a really great coach and she learned so much. She is also continuing ballet and gymnastics and loving her teachers. She is doing well in school. She is taking a break from the Narnia series to read Peter Pan. She is nearly finished and since it is one of her all time favorite stories, it has been really enjoyable.

Mandy is the funniest kid ever. I tell you, that is her favorite compliment! I took her in to the Hospital yesterday for her chromosome test and she handled it in Mandy style. She got up on my lap and my job was to hold her down. But all that was completely unnecessary. The nurse stuck her with the needle and Mandy dryly said, "Ow". The nurse moved the needle around in her arm to find the vein and Mandy continued with, "That really hurts." Then, "Oh is that my blood?" and finally, "Thanks, that was fun!" as the nurse put on the bandaid and we got out of the chair. She is loving preschool and gymnastics. She really can't wait to get on a soccer team--she constantly says, "When I turn four, I can play soccer!"

I had my MFA meeting last week. My committee loved my grant project. I received a few notes to fix but they decided on 8 credits of A. Yea! I am really enjoying the work at UVSC. It is working out really well schedule-wise. It will be a little more difficult as Andy travels more but we'll hang in there. Andy and I have been working out with the "Biggest Loser" DVD in hopes to drop a little weight for Shelly's wedding. We found out that Ally might want to be a trainer as she jumps on our backs and has us do laps around the kitchen. It is really fun. We also have been attending local football games--Andy insists we decide who we root for WAY before someone actually goes to high school. But it is fun to bundle up and eat hot dogs.

So, there it is. The official family update. Of course, what remains to be said is that we miss all of you when we don't see you as often. We love our family. As Dani said on her blog, keep bloggin'!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/04/2007 13:42:31
Cute page! Well, you know what I think about Mandy--she is absolutely incredible and must have an unique pain threshold! Glad Ally is having so much fun. We're excited for Andy with his new responsibilities and proud of you as always. We love to see you too and look forward to this next week when we can all get together. And I will keep bloggin'. What a great way to keep in touch and stay close!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 10/04/2007 20:04:44
You and yours are quite amazing. Beautiful. Talented. Fun. That's a great combination. We are very proud of you and what the both of you are doing with your lives. You don't seem to waste a minute and that's the way it should be.

:-)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 10/04/2007 20:21:36
That's great about Andy... but I know the travel part will be hard on your. I really like your background picture! It's great! ;-)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 10/04/2007 20:25:13
Fun stories! I can't believe that Mandy girl! What a cutie! Sounds like Ally is doing really well too. Glad to hear about everything new in your family!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/04/2007 21:02:07
Wow, my kids HATE shots. I'm already preparing them for their upcoming flu shots because it's such an ordeal everytime. Mandy's a tough one! Sounds like everyone is keeping busy as usual. How much travel do you think Andy will be doing? I'm sorry to hear about that part, but I'm sure it will be worth it for him. Love you!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/05/2007 07:44:40
cute, tender, amazing glimpses of your family life. thanks Candice!

i have to agree with the background picture...adorable.

and i have to add my 'here, here' to the confounding mandy...wow ain't she an original?!?

congrats on the schooling- yea! and to andy at work: whoo hooo!!!

i hear the sound of blessings...
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday Beej!!!
DATE: 09/28/2007 12:20:06
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Somehow through the ups and downs, you've always been there

When babies were born, when ideas came to life

Through tears and heartbreak, when we laughed so hard it hurt

You appeared with a smile on your face, with a thoughtful word to say

I really love that about you

Happy Birthday, Beej!!!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 09/28/2007 15:39:36
I nearly posted a picture of him holding Marissa! How funny...it looked very much like this one! He always has been one to hold the babies!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday Whitney!!
DATE: 09/24/2007 20:21:00
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Birthday to you...cha cha cha

Happy Birthday to you...cha cha cha

Happy Birthday to you, dear Whitney...cha cha cha

Happy Birthday to you...cha cha cha

And next year you'll drive...:

We love you, girl!!! Have one super fun week and enjoy this year!!!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 09/25/2007 07:57:10
Cute picture! It seems like it was just yesterday that they looked like that!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Whitney
DATE: 09/27/2007 16:28:51
That is a cute picture! Thanks Candice! Love you too!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 15, 2007
DATE: 09/15/2007 08:15:16
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Just so you know...

Mandy had her yearly checkup at the cardiologist. Everything was going great. I wish you all could see how absolutely calm she is around doctors, stethoscopes and EKG machines. It is really a unique side of Mandy. We had a really good conversation with Dr. Judd. She is doing well.

However...

It is probably nothing but because of some other issues; renal reflux and immunity issues along with the TGA surgery, Dr. Judd suggested that Mandy be tested for chromosome disorders. We called for an appointment and will hear on Monday when she will go in. I will let you know when the results come in. It could be a bit because it takes a couple to three weeks to get the tests back. But I will let you know.


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 09/15/2007 10:08:25
Mandy's a trouper in every way! We're always praying for her and hope the tests come out negative. She's a sweetheart and we sure love her.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 09/15/2007 21:30:58
We're praying for her too. I'm sure things will be ok one way or another, and we're here to help anytime.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 09/15/2007 21:51:08
I'm sure the unknown is the hardest part right now. Hang in there, Mandy is a strong little girl who will perservere through anything! Keep us informed, and we are thinking of you guys!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/17/2007 20:33:35
she's got an acquired insight (much older than her young years) about the fragility of life... she's amazing! we'll be praying for her.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 09/20/2007 09:31:01
Nothing can slow this little girl down, even sleep doesn't slow her down.


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Ally lost her front tooth!
DATE: 09/08/2007 07:36:46
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Okay, so I go to pick up Ally at school--mind you this is never very easy as Mandy says that she would rather not--and Mandy and I are at the playground on the swings when I see Ally walk out of the building. As I am walking towards her I see she is holding her mouth and then I realize that she has blood on her face, her hands and a bit of tissue. Of course, many causes are running through my mind but then she smiles at me and says, "I am losing my tooth!" So quickly we walk over to grandma's house to the bathroom and clean her off. She says that a boy in her class suggested she bite an apple. Well, I don't have an apple but I remember that I brought an orange in our car cooler. I ran out to get the orange and after a big "ewww" from Ally she bit into it. The tooth hung by a thread. But she is bleeding a bit more so I grab a wet paper towel to wipe her face and the tooth came with it! She is very proud.

(by the way, no part of the bathroom was harmed in the story :p )


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 09/08/2007 07:59:43
Way to go Ally! Way to be brave! Kimmy still hasn't lost any teeth, and they aren't even showing signs of coming loose! At first she was glad, because she was scared. But now, after watching so many people her age and younger losing teeth, she's getting a bit anxious! Hope the tooth fairy was good to you, Ally!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 09/09/2007 12:46:32
That's a cute picture. I like it!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 09/09/2007 13:07:51
Congratulations Ally! I guess that is the first sign that you are turning into a "big kid". Definitely a milestone. :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 09/09/2007 16:14:19
Way to go Ally!!!! You are getting to be such a big girl!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora
DATE: 09/09/2007 22:07:34
Is that her very first lost tooth? She is getting so old! I cna't wait to see you guys at Shelly's wedding.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/10/2007 17:06:32
what a memorable day Alexa! (did i remember correctly?!?) i pulled lots of my own teeth out with a paper towel. :)
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Andy needs a haircut.
DATE: 09/03/2007 09:17:02
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Yes, mom, I agree. Why does such a cute boy try so hard to make such silly faces?

Well, the answer lies in the reaction of his girls.


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora
DATE: 09/03/2007 14:56:33
Ha ha! I love my brother! You guys are awesome. Ally wants to be Alexa, huh. Will she be sad if I still call her Ally?
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/04/2007 06:43:57
if there is one thing about andy- he sure can ham it up!!! :)


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 09/04/2007 12:49:28
That's awesome! Getting those girls to giggle is worth doing anything, isn't it?
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 09/06/2007 22:06:11
Love the photo. Looks just like both of them. Ally's grin tell the whole story.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Labor Day Fun
DATE: 09/03/2007 09:15:11
STATUS: publish
BODY:

This is my crazy family taking it easy on Labor Day with a tense wrestling match between the girls and The Boy. The Boy always wins. It is a bit annoying. But the girls sure tried hard and eventually had a good laugh because The Boy desperately needs a haircut.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 09/03/2007 12:55:34
Well, "the boy"---go get one! Looks like lots of family fun!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 09/03/2007 18:59:12
It looks like they are having their good laugh during this picture! Lots of fun times!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 09/04/2007 12:51:53
Days at home like this are the best! Great time for bonding with a little rough housing!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Daddy!
DATE: 09/02/2007 07:59:01
STATUS: publish
BODY:

A little girl needs Daddy
For many, many things:
Like holding her high off the ground
Where the sunlight sings!

Like being the deep music
That tells her all is right
When she awakens frantic with
The terrors of the night.

Like being the great mountain
That rises in her heart
And shows her how she might get home
When all else falls apart.

Like giving her the love
That is her sea and air,
So diving deep or soaring high
She'll always find him there.

Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you very much!

Candice

p.s. don't we all look so relaxed?


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 09/02/2007 10:02:40
Great photo, Candice! So typical and funny. I love your poem too--very nice. And I love you!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 09/02/2007 11:01:47
Thank you Candice. This is a beautiful poem, with great feeling and sentimentality. It's things like this that really warms my heart. Like my Mom and Dad have expressed, I don't feel quite worthy. I don't know that I really measure up. But expressions like this make me feel like maybe I did alright after all---particularly with Mom urging me on. :-) Thanks again, Candice. And thanks for the phone call, the birthday song, and for your love and kindness. Dad


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 09/02/2007 11:29:49
This picture just screams good times with family to me! Lovely poem, Candice!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/02/2007 14:18:26
i love the poem- especially the great mountain part- that really hit home. beautiful!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: And here is my castle cake...thanks, Alyssa!
DATE: 09/01/2007 10:35:23
STATUS: publish
BODY:

After much learning...here is my first decorative cake. Made completely from scratch. Ally (Alexa) has been after me for a long, long time to make one of these. Since Alyssa is a professional cake maker--I took advantage of the situation!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 09/01/2007 10:38:00
Oh, the concentration involved to create this magnificent creation! Happily eaten by aforementioned bug bakers!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 09/01/2007 11:33:30
You know--I took a cake decorating class once and I know how to do some of that stuff. Guess I'll get back into it now that I have some time. Your cake is beautiful. What a great memory builder for Ally and Mandy!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/01/2007 11:40:46
how cute is that?!? how proud are you of that!!! fun!!! :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 09/01/2007 14:06:56
Way to go!! I remember making something fun like that once at a YW activity a while back. It's a lot of fun, and I'm sure your kids loved it!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 09/03/2007 18:57:28
Very cute cake. I love creative stuff like that. Also, my sister makes fun cakes and she has a fun one she does that I'm sure she'd let you borrow the stuff for if you ever wanted to... it is a doll cake with a small dome shaped cake that looks like a skirt, and you stick the doll in the cake and cover it with frosting... always a hit with young girls.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: What baked bugs look like...
DATE: 09/01/2007 10:30:41
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Baking Bugs...
DATE: 09/01/2007 10:29:48
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I just love this photo. We spent the evening baking "bugs". I will also post what the bugs looked like finished!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 09/01/2007 10:37:06
There are two very happy bug bakers!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 09/01/2007 11:31:59
What fun! Who would have thought baking bugs?
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/01/2007 11:39:56
i LOVE bugs...YUM. freeze one for me!!! (i'm there in dec. :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 09/01/2007 14:08:01
Right on bug bakers!! Looks yummy!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: School Begins...
DATE: 08/30/2007 12:02:51
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Just wanted to fill you all in on this past weekend. We had quite a bit going on! First, my good friend, Alyssa, and her children came for a visit. They came on Friday and stayed with us until Wednesday. It was great to see her! I learned to make a castle cake, we went to the Bean Museum, Alyssa took her kids to the Dinosaur Museum, we went to Layers and bought cute dresses on sale for $20. It was fun. A bit crazy--but really fun.

The girls both started school respectively. Ally (who now wants to be called Alexa) started her first grade year. She had a couple of bad days wandering around at recess without a friend to play with but after listening to Andy's advice she made some new friends. The advice was to find other children who were alone, smile and say what's your name? Well, it worked and she has a couple of new friends. Mandy has taken over Challenger again. Always the smiley one and full of energy-Mandy takes over a room! She is having a super time. I am learning to be the consumate taxicab driver. I have to figure out all of the construction and traffic to make sure we all make it to where we need to be.

We also had a party up at Mutual Dell for the ward. There was karaoke and of course, Andy gave us a song. The best part of the song--and mind you it was sung well--was Ally, Mandy, Alyssa's daughter Kaitlyn and son Nathan dancing behind Andy. It was really cute.

Now, I have lots of cleaning to catch up on. I rather enjoy it. Wierd, huh?


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 08/30/2007 13:50:59
I like Fall, but I'm not anxious for Winter to begin. Well, actually I like Winter--just not after New Years! Glad the girls are doing so well. We wish Alyssa the best. Andy needs to perform for us sometime!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 08/30/2007 16:48:39
Alexa, huh. That would take some getting used to. However, I understand a bit because Marissa has taken a liking to being called Missy again (remember that we used it some when she was a baby?). I try it out once in a while, and it sure fits her personality, so it might just stick.



I voted for fall being a bit of a bummer only because I love summer so much. But I have to say that there are many things that I am looking forward to these next few months. See you guys tomorrow!




-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 08/30/2007 21:32:00
three lovely ladies...! i love this picture! i'm with Dani- it will take some getting used to- especially that we're not around to practice. and wow- 1st grade. is she at the school by mom and dad's?

love the shoes...........! :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 09/01/2007 22:51:33
Wow, it sounds like you have had a busy, and great week! Fall is a bummer for me... not that there isn't a part of me that is ready to go back to school, have cooler temperatures, and have girlfriends again, but I wouldn't complain if summer lasted just 2 weeks longer!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 09/02/2007 10:39:59
I am around more than Rhonda, but it might take me a while to say "Alexa" rather than Ally, but what is an ole' grandpa to do but give it a good try. Love the cake. Love the sentiments expressed. Love the experiences you're enjoying, there are shadows of rememberances in there for Sue and I. All great memories of you and each of our children growing up. Altogether a great adventure and it's still unfolding---quite beautifully I might add. We have a few more great players on the scene, but the story continues.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: I'm back!
DATE: 08/22/2007 13:44:54
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Except I don't know where all the photos are--drive F is missing. I know Andy knows where it is but that doesn't help me right now. But I can blog and here goes.

  • Happy Birthday, Rissa. I hope you love preschool and ballet and all the other things that come with being 4!!
  • Ally started school yesterday. She has been so excited that literally I haven't had to ask her twice to do anything! She is happy when she is busy and learning! She also started soccer and has her first game tonight.
  • Andy and I had a good cry because of the above.
  • Mandy is now my official little buddy and we have enjoyed hanging out togther. She starts school Monday and is very excited about it.
  • I started "school" last Monday but I don't attend any classes this time around. (YEA!) I am going at a steady pace and I start turning in course papers this month.
  • I started "work" today at UVSC (soon to be UVU). Jackie couldn't have tried harder to make a schedule work for me. It was really kind of her to do that. I teach 400 level technique and pas de deux.
  • Andy is apparently doing very well at work. He would rather keep it at the office but once in awhile he lets slip that his boss really liked how he handled this or that and generally thinks he is doing a great job. I know our bishop thinks the same. I have said our ward is a bit wierd and it is still true. And what is also true is that the ward needs Andy. Don't tell him I said that. :)
  • Can I just say how much I enjoy reading your blogs? I couldn't blog on my laptop because of a quirk but I could read it and I tell you what--you guys are cool!

Whew. Enjoy your day!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 08/22/2007 15:12:34
Glad to have you back, curls and all! Guess everyone is getting into high speed mode doing all the things necessary when school starts. I still feel like I should be doing something--like shopping at "back to school" sales, but then I realize that's all over! So, I can just enjoy the grandkids--which I do very much.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 08/22/2007 15:18:06
I guess this is just a busy time of year for everyone! Glad you are back to blogging...I miss you when you are not here! Love ya!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 08/23/2007 10:44:35
Yes, Back to School is a very busy time! Those girls are so smart! I bet they both love school. I have a little time before I go back... a week and a half.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 08/23/2007 20:17:29
yea! you are back...but where did you go?!? big changes for your family- the fall always brings it on. i hope the girls have a wonderful school year full of happiness and friendships. and for you lil sis, enjoy your new adventures, too! (you're such a multi-tasker!)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 08/23/2007 21:41:23
It used to be that summer was long, lovely, and had these wonderful quiet moments. You could take time to lay down on your back in the grass and watch the clouds float by, or pick a sunflower and pluck each peddle with "she loves me, she loves me not" as you pulled each one out of its socket. You could blow the parachutes off from a fully ripe dandelion and watch them float around in the air. Or, you could sleep out in the back yard and watch the stars for a long time before you finally drifted off to peaceful dreams. But it seems those slow and easy days of summer are rare if not extinct. This summer has flown by and I have hardly had time to enjoy one slow and easy day of it. Now the grandkids are off to school, and, as if it was possible, everything slips into yet a higher gear and we just try to catch our breath as we run from one consuming activity to another. I miss those quiet days, and I miss not being able to see more of you than I do. I'm proud of you and all that you are accomplishing. You have a great family. You are a great girl. Love you much.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Mom!
DATE: 08/14/2007 19:51:23
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Birthday, Mom!! Here is a poem I found that made me think of you!
Everything Mom

How did you find the energy, Mom
To do all the things you did,
To be teacher, nurse and counselor
To me, when I was a kid.

How did you do it all, Mom,
Be a chauffeur, cook and friend,
Yet find time to be a playmate,
I just can’t comprehend.

I see now it was love, Mom
That made you come whenever I'd call,
Your inexhaustible love, Mom
And I thank you for it all.
I love you, mom. Have a great day and if it is even possible a better year than you've have this year! I am sure that will be hard to do considering the great year you've had but I will bet it will be fun to try! Thank you for being a loving mom, a good example and a dear friend!!
Love,
Candice


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 08/15/2007 08:40:31
Thank you, Candice!Love You too...Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 08/15/2007 09:30:22
Holy Cow, look at Braden! :-) Cute picture of them together! Lovely poem too!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Another Birthday Wish...
DATE: 08/13/2007 08:54:45
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Birthday, Dani

We love you!

Love,

Andy, Candice and the girls!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 08/13/2007 10:23:10
I'm pretty sure that I have never seen these pictures before! Talk about a blast from the past! Thank you for your birthday wishes, it was a really nice day! Love you!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Danielle!
DATE: 08/13/2007 08:49:00
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Beautiful Sister! Happy Birthday! You have such a wonderful family and a admired life. I love you sis, and wish you the best year ever!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Lindsay!!!!!
DATE: 08/07/2007 13:31:41
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Birthday, Lindsay! We love you! Hope you have a great day and a great party and the best year ever!!!!

Love,

Andy, Candice, Ally and Mandy


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 08/07/2007 16:06:42
Happy Birthday! We hope it is a fun day! We'll see you soon!

Rochelle and BJ
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Christina's fiance
DATE: 07/26/2007 08:14:35
STATUS: publish
BODY:

This is Sebastian. He was a soloist with the Royal Swedish Ballet but is now dancing with the Royal Danish Ballet to be with his fiance Christina. He is a new member of the church and they are getting married in December.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 07/26/2007 09:10:38
That is really wonderful Candice...
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 07/30/2007 22:40:44
Wow--unbelievable!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 08/02/2007 13:22:55
this story is cinderella-ish...isn't it?!? how sweet for the beginning of her life to come into the church and then dance via you... then for this divinely guided turn of events! Candice, you were an instrument in the Lord's hands in this!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Look who I found...
DATE: 07/26/2007 08:04:36
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I just got an email from a (well I remember her as a little girl) a girl I knew in Denmark. As part of service hours, I taught a free ballet class at the church for little girl members and their nonmember friends. We even had a little Christmas concert which was well attended by the whole community. It was a lot of fun, but I really didn't put a lot of stock into the "quality" of dance being taught because that wasn't the reason for being there.

Anyway, this little member girl, Christina Olsen, was in the class and after taking the class she realized that she liked ballet--a lot. So she auditioned for the Royal Ballet School and was accepted. And that was the last I had heard...until now.

I got an email from her today. We connected through Sis. Finch's daughter--they were actually roommates for awhile. And I found out that she is doing REALLY well. She is engaged to another dancer who was baptized and she is a soloist with the Royal Danish Ballet!

This is her photo as she just premiered as the sylph in La Sylphide. I just can't believe I am in touch with her again!

Anybody want to go to Denmark with me?


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 07/26/2007 09:11:04
Yes,let's go to Denmark when we go to the UK next year.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 07/27/2007 09:51:08
That is so cool that you can be in touch with her again! And how neat to find out that she has gone so far!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Ryan T
DATE: 07/27/2007 10:12:59
Very cool. Glad you were able to reconnect.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 07/30/2007 12:52:32
Fun story! I'd love to go, but it sounds like you might make it there before we do. We are talking maybe around 5 years from now.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 07/30/2007 22:39:04
Candice, that is wonderful! I would love to see Christina dance. You forgot to mention that she told Tracy Finch that you had inspired her to become a ballerina when she saw you dance in Denmark. That is important!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Ahhhhh...
DATE: 07/22/2007 09:33:07
STATUS: publish
BODY:
We read it and loved it. Let us know when you are ready to discuss it!!!!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 07/22/2007 19:09:37
ALREADY!!! geez! ;-) We're working on it.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 07/23/2007 12:34:42
I am ready to discuss it with you sweetheart.


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 07/24/2007 08:56:17
Good book!, Great Ending, full of surprises. I don't like how she did one thing. Having the Great Squid morph into an evil basilisk and kill Harry just didn't work for me.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 07/30/2007 12:50:05
Absolutely loved it! I'm ready to discuss it whenever!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 07/30/2007 22:36:36
Loved the book. Sad the series has ended--however, has it really?
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Today is the Day!
DATE: 07/20/2007 10:23:01
STATUS: publish
BODY:

So, today is the Day! Andy will be spending the evening in line at the bookstore to get our pre-ordered copy of the book. Then we will either read it together or fight over it until he eventually gives in to me! :) Well, I am slightly serious.

We finally got to see the movie (Harry 5) and we liked it alot. Yeah, they skipped stuff and they messed up the prophecy part--I would have really liked to have seen Emma Thompson in the pub with Dumbledore--but overall I think they captured the essence of how Harry felt.

We have had Cindy and Shelley with us this week. Shelley came to do her bridal photos with her cousin who is an up and coming photog major at BYU. Their idea for a location got shot (yes, pun intended) but they found another place that worked out nicely.

We have Amy and Nate and family coming to visit next week. We also have Andy's uncle David and aunt Cathy coming in two weeks. It is fun to live here and have so many people come to Utah for various reasons and come to see us as well.

Love ya!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 07/20/2007 10:51:40
Wow, you are busy with company! You won't miss us at all :-D. Have fun with everyone and Harry Potter 7. I'm going to try to get one in the morning when Costco opens. If not, I'll buy one at Wal-Mart in Hawaii. I know Andy must be SO excited!!! Just know you can reach me on my cell if you need me. Love You, Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 07/20/2007 14:29:38
We are excited for Harry Potter too! We saw the movie yesterday for my birthday, and we have ordered the book... hopefully it comes early in the morning tomorrow! Wait, no, actually I hope it comes late because I promised BJ I wouldn't read it until we go on our trip in one week from today! WHAT a temptation! We need to get together with you guys still- pool and games! Maybe when you don't have company and after we get back from our trip?
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 07/20/2007 23:07:58
we have the book, we have the book!!!

tay and i both want to read it, so we keep two bookmarks going- and whenever one reader sets HP down, the other will pick it up :)

hey, all the company sounds fun and tiring, but mostly great and i hope that it is GREAT!

we love you and wish you were going to be with us...
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 07/22/2007 19:08:56
So we are making our way through it slowly. One chapter (out loud) at a time. I like it thus far.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 07/23/2007 09:25:09
I actually bought two, because I didn't want to wait for Candice. Check my blog for the full story...
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 07/30/2007 12:48:43
Kirk bought ours at Wallmart at 3 am when we had our unexpected night over in Ontario, CA! I was able to start reading on the plane to Hawaii! I'll be blogging soon, so be looking for details to come!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Rochelle!
DATE: 07/18/2007 09:05:25
STATUS: publish
BODY:

May this year be great for you! You are an exceptional person with so much talent and generosity! Happy Birthday!

Love,

Andy, Candice and the girls


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 07/22/2007 19:07:37
Yea!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Grandma Bert!
DATE: 07/13/2007 11:27:33
STATUS: publish
BODY:

May you have the best "unimportant" birthday ever! We love you!

Love,

Andy, Candice, "the little Hargett" and Mandy


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 07/13/2007 14:01:56
Cute photo! And you're right about the "little Hargett."
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 07/13/2007 16:57:42
Yep, grandma and I talked about that today. It was really great to say hello and chat for awhile. Got to love the line of Hargett women!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 07/16/2007 09:39:05
Yes, all of the women, are beautiful AND talented. What more can you say?
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Caleb!
DATE: 07/12/2007 14:45:29
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Birthday, Sweetie! I hope this year is a great one for you! We have loved seeing you so much this month too!

Love,

Andy, Candice, Ally and Mandy


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Update on Ally, Mandy
DATE: 07/11/2007 11:10:03
STATUS: publish
BODY:

No photo today but as most of you know already, Ally did great! She was so good at the hospital-everyone commented on how brave she was. And since she woke up she has done everything we have asked her to do to recover. Basically, it couldn't have gone better. I was probably over-nervous, but I guess that is a mother's prerogative.

In other health news, it has just been one of those years I guess, Mandy has to have tests done for her UTI's. She has had more than her share of those this year and we have to go to the hospital to have ultrasounds and x-rays. You know that you are having too many doctor's appointments when the scheduler has a harder time working around the family's doctor appointments rather than the hospital schedule. Seriously, the week of July 30th our family has 5 doctor visits to attend. Ick. Well, like I said, it must be our turn.

The good news is we did get our vacations in before all this needed to happen. And lots of good times with friends and family over the summer so far. And, much to my chagrin, it is a good thing that we didn't plan on Hawaii. sigh. But let me make myself clear when I say that I fully expect some Hawaiian treats, including pineapple, when ya'll get home. There-I feel better already.

Thanks, again, for all the calls, visits and gifts. I don't know what I would do without you!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 07/11/2007 13:04:58
i love you, honey. hang in there!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 07/11/2007 17:23:39
Let us know how it all goes!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 07/12/2007 11:04:29
So glad to hear everything went so well! I'm sorry to hear about all the doctor visits. I may be in health care, but I don't like going to the doctor myself!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 07/12/2007 11:19:34
I love you little Ally, see you soon.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 07/12/2007 21:21:37
It was fun to come to see all of you today! I am very grateful that Ally is doing well--in fact, I'm so surprised at how well she is doing. Sorry about all the doctor visits. I guess we all have our turns, don't we. And, we'll do Hawaii together some other time, kay?
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Ally's big day at the hospital
DATE: 07/08/2007 16:40:40
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Well, tomorrow is the big day for Ally. No more tonsils or adenoids. We will arrive at the hospital in the River Bottoms tomorrow at 9:00am. Thank heavens mom is helping with Mandy. (Thank you, mom!) We will be there until Tuesday morning. I will let you all know asap how it all goes.


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 07/08/2007 18:25:25
it is a big day! ally, did your mom tell you that both taylor and emily had their tonsils and adnoids taken out? taylor was three years old and em was five. neither one of the kids got to stay over night- but you do, cool! we'll pray for you to get better quick, honey bug!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 07/08/2007 23:28:21
We will be thinking of you guys! Let us know if you need anything. Also, my kids would like to visit as soon as she is up for it, so let us know, k? I'll be in touch.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 07/09/2007 07:46:15
What a beautiful photo of Ally! Ally, I'll be thinking of you all day and night until you get better and then I will still think about you! We will take good care of Mandy while you and your Mom are busy. Take care and love you bunches!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Whitney
DATE: 07/09/2007 09:32:46
Good luck Ally! We will all be thinking of you! I'm sure it will all go great. Take advantage of this opportunity to eat as much ice cream as you can get your hands on...it really does make you feel better! Love you!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 07/10/2007 12:03:52
Ally, hope you are feeling good this morning! We've been thinking about you! Love ya!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 07/10/2007 21:07:19
She's a good strong girl. I'm sure she will be just fine. Wish her better for us.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Fourth of July photos
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:20:14
STATUS: publish
BODY:

This smile says it all!

We had a wonderful day full of fun, family and fireworks! (whew-what alliteration!) Now there are three full pages of photos-so take a look through the photos and enjoy!!!!

I look forward to seeing everyone's blogs! (hint hint)


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 07/05/2007 20:58:08
i agree, the smile does say it all! happy, happy times for a cute little girl!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 07/05/2007 21:34:29
We were smiling too. I told Dad on the way home that I would much rather spend an evening like that with kids and grandkids than go to "Stadium of Fire." It was a very nice Fourth and we love those hugs and kisses!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 07/05/2007 22:35:36
It was a great day, very relaxing and focused on family instead of fighting the crowds! Cute girl!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Fourth at Lagoon...
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:17:44
STATUS: publish
BODY:

There are no words...
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 07/05/2007 20:59:05
andy, that's the perfect, huh? great job!!! (candice, give him a treat)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 07/05/2007 22:36:20
I am also speechless! :-)
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Fourth at Lagoon...
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:16:43
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 07/05/2007 21:00:28
how come andy didn't ride this one...? lagoon would have been a fun day- great idea for your 4th!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Fourth at Lagoon...
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:15:38
STATUS: publish
BODY:

And here are a couple of photos from our Fourth of July morning at Lagoon...
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 07/05/2007 21:02:05
i love the attitude! and... i'm not going to post on the rest of your pics- but i'm so glad you put them here of the fireworks. it was fun to see everyone enjoying the loud sounds, pretty, bright lights, and each other!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 07/05/2007 22:37:36
Little diva!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: more Fourth...
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:13:32
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: more Fourth...
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:12:46
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: more Fourth...
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:12:01
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: more Fourth...
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:11:07
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: more Fourth...
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:10:10
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: more Fourth...
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:09:01
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: more Fourth...
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:08:12
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: more Fourth...
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:07:21
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: more Fourth...
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:06:29
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: My contribution of photos of the Fourth of July!
DATE: 07/05/2007 10:05:20
STATUS: publish
BODY:

First of all, thanks Ryan and Mindy for having everyone over for the Fourth. It was lots of fun and the fireworks were (dare I say) spectacular! The kids are all worn out today and we are taking it easy. So, I have the opportunity to share some of the photos I took. Mine won't be the best-but they are the first!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 07/05/2007 22:38:46
Great photos of everyone, Candice! Thanks for being so quick to post them!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Mandy is doing better!
DATE: 07/01/2007 18:05:12
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Hey all. Mandy is doing better. Thank you for all the concern and well wishes. Hopefully, the antibiotics do their thing-which it looks like they are considering her energy level today. And I will let you know if she needs further testing. Dr. Cinnamon (Simmons) might recommend it as two infections in about a month is a bit "unlucky".

I took the opportunity, while she slept and recovered, to write. I have decided to try and finish my MFA on time (Spring 2008). The worst is getting everything documented properly and formatted into MLA. Anybody know MLA formatting?

We are also experiencing a bit of trouble with our A/C in the condo. Been a bit warm. I might be calling Amber's husband, Brandon to come and take a look.

Our bishop have not a single bypass but five. He is pretty sick-but the doctor's think he will be fine. More responsibility for Andy-but I am sure he is up to the task.

Looking forward to the fourth with all ya'll!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 07/01/2007 20:17:05
Glad to hear she is doing better. I know more about APA formatting than MLA, but I might have a reference book on MLA- I will check. See you soon!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 07/01/2007 22:11:25
Glad to hear Mandy is doing better. Now let's get that cooler fixed. If it's not one thing its . . . you know the rest. :-)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 07/01/2007 22:27:03
You are always welcome to come here to get out of the heat. Hope the A/C gets fixed soon! Glad little Mandy is feeling better. I'm still smiling at the comment she made about "the doctor fixed my broken heart." What a sweetie!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 07/02/2007 08:43:05
we're all relieved that mandy's feeling better! i'm still laughing and touched by her appreciation for doctors- she's amazing- as are all of you, handling the complications that continue to be... hugs!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 07/02/2007 14:03:05
I'm so glad that she's feeling better and that your A/C is up and running now too. Looking forward to seeing you this week!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Ryan T
DATE: 07/03/2007 10:44:10
Didn't know Mandy wasn't well. Glad to hear she is doing better!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Grandpa Bill!
DATE: 06/28/2007 07:46:07
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

You know, I miss our shared birthday parties at your house!

I love you tons and thank you for all the long talks and fun times together! You are a true hero and great example for us, we admire your service and your courage.

Love,

Candice


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Mandy at Rainbow Lake
DATE: 06/26/2007 06:42:07
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here is Mandy at Rainbow Lake. She ran around in the mud and the sand providing ample entertainment for us all.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 06/26/2007 12:39:43
What an adventure for her! She has fun everywhere she goes.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 06/26/2007 15:55:50
I agree- she is one very happy kid. Cute!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 06/26/2007 23:41:11
All of your pictures are great and it looks like a very fun vacation! Glad to have you home though too. It was so nice to have you and the girls around today! We loved it!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 06/26/2007 23:48:05
BTW...no creepies here. I am a friends only site! I double checked to make sure after a read your comment! Thanks for thinking of it, I get pretty comfortable on here and forget where I am!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Speaking of Andy getting a bit wet...
DATE: 06/26/2007 06:32:19
STATUS: publish
BODY:

What you don't see is a sign that read..."Warning: Lake Itch reported, bathing after entering Lake reduces risk!"

And may I add that it was very cold?


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 06/26/2007 12:38:53
Probably glacier fed from somewhere! I think he should have just jumped in. :-D Looks like he was making the most of it anyway.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 06/26/2007 15:56:47
Haha... looks like fun!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 06/26/2007 23:42:02
I wouldn't be anywhere near that water with claims of Lake Itch. EWWW!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: More Whistler...
DATE: 06/26/2007 06:29:47
STATUS: publish
BODY:

And here is Ally and mom on the bike. Ally was great-she biked hard and encouraged mom! As mom huffed it and puffed it up various hills, Ally could be heard saying, "You can do it, mom!" as well as, "Mom, you can take them!" and then there was, "Mom, I can't see anybody!" Fortunately, we did just fine and got a great workout. I think those of us who had "chariots" attached to our bikes did pretty well keeping up with those who didn't. We all biked up to a place called Rainbow Lake where Andy got a little wet.

And btw, not my best outfit-but it was cold and I wore Andy's jacket so that I wouldn't get my own muddy. Ally on the other hand wouldn't wear any jacket(yes, I tried)-her shirt was filthy by the end. Thank heavens for bleach!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 06/26/2007 12:37:26
Looks like SO much fun. How far is "Whistler" from Seattle? Looks like a great place to go.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 06/26/2007 15:57:31
What a trouper! Such a fun family activity!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 06/26/2007 16:17:37
Whistler is four hours from Everett. About 4.5 hours from Seattle. It is a great place to go-they will have the Olympics in 2010! They are already getting ready for it. Just lots to do and see!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora
DATE: 06/26/2007 19:51:41
I have no idea how you did it. I had to walk up some hills at the end there and I didn't have anything but me attached to my bike. I am already working on putting the photos into books. There are so many great shots. Thanks for lending me your kids as models. I don't think they minded too much though.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 06/26/2007 23:44:11
You are adorable in anything you wear! How great to have a little cheerleader right in your ear!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: More Whistler...
DATE: 06/26/2007 06:25:25
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here are a few more photos of our adventure!! This is Mandy enjoying the famous "Cows" Ice Cream. We went there quite a lot-I recommend WowieCowie flavor. Mandy would recommend bubblegum and strawberry!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 06/26/2007 12:36:13
I need to see this "Cows" place and try the "wowiecowie"--especially if it has chocolate in it!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Ally at the Top of Blackcomb
DATE: 06/24/2007 22:27:34
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 06/24/2007 22:43:19
She looks like she is SO happy! I love the hat :-D.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 06/25/2007 06:20:26
Hey Ally, didn't we have a great time? What a blast on top of the world, throwing snowballs, having a cheeseburger, taking pictures, and just looking at the view. Then we came down the mountain, went to Cows, and played Wii, couldn't ask for a better vacation.




-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 06/25/2007 20:18:30
hey cutie- you must've been having a rocking time- look at the huge smile on your adorable face!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 06/25/2007 22:16:31
That big smile says it all. I guess we should all smile like that at least once a day. I bet we'd feel better.

:-)

Dad
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 06/26/2007 15:58:52
Yep, I can tell it was a good vacation from that smile. Way to go. And cute photo!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: At the top of Blackcomb Mountain
DATE: 06/24/2007 22:25:07
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 06/24/2007 22:44:21
You were in Winter! Glad you got to see everyone and have fun together.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 06/25/2007 06:21:55
Above the treeline, fresh powder, and the view goes on for miles, Ah Skiing at Whistler.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: After the ride-it was a lot of fun!
DATE: 06/24/2007 22:22:05
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 06/25/2007 06:23:27
Candice did a pique, sheneh, plie, get it, eh? We were in Canada, eh? All upside down, and going 30 miles per hour. What a BLAST!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 06/25/2007 20:19:52
andy looks so proud of you! love that... and what a fun thing to get to do!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Candice on Zipline
DATE: 06/24/2007 22:19:44
STATUS: publish
BODY:

You probably can't tell, but this is me riding the zipline!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 06/25/2007 06:25:48
Upside down, smile on her face, cheering from the sidelines, and what you don't see is that she is going over a raging river below. The lines were connected to tree houses in the Hemlocks over Fitzimmons Creek. While we were there, a bear was heard growling just up the hill from us.



What a rush!!!!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Back from Whistler, BC
DATE: 06/24/2007 22:18:18
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We are back! We had a safe journey home-arriving last night just before bedtime. We really enjoyed our vacation-Whistler was a lot of fun! The girls played nonstop and we all tried out some new adventures. One of the activities was a ride up to the top of Blackcomb mountain on the ski-lifts (aahhh!!! the heights!!!!). During the ride, we saw beneath us a mother black bear and two cubs! After 3 ski lifts and a bus ride to the top of the mountain (Annie and David helped us hold on to our girls), we had lunch at their little cafe at the top and took some photos.

Another thing we did that was fun was an adventure zipline. Their were four ziplines in all-one was well over 1100 feet and we were taught to ride it upside down. We were all impressed with Amy who rode it upside down three times! I have rarely seen such a huge grin! Andy, not to be outdone, not only rode it upside down but did an upside down groovy dance that had the guides impressed as well!

I will add more photos asap.

Glad all the travellers are home safely too! We look forward to seeing you all and swapping stories!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 06/24/2007 22:42:31
You are fast--I can't believe you already have your blog up! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I'm envious. That must have been fun. I would do a zipline, but no upside down stuff!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 06/25/2007 06:29:50
Yes, we braved zip lines, ski lifts, bike-riding, bear watching, ice-cream eating (at cows), Wii playing, movie-watching (Surf's Up ROCKED), steak eating, shopping, picture taking, sight-seeing, and just all around exhausting fun. The kind of fun where you cry when you have to go home, which we all did. Glad to be home safe and sound, ready for the rest of our summer. Candice you were beautiful on the mountain!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 06/25/2007 20:17:40
what a great adventure! i can't believe the snow that is there, still... and maybe bcuz you were gone, you didn't know of the bears in the news- in addition to the boy in utah, there was a group attacked in another country, and a woman in her 30's was killed, along with serveral injuries to the others as they fought him.

anyway...enough dim and grim- i'm glad you're all home, tired, safe, and full of new stories to read about and pictures to see! love you all :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 06/25/2007 22:10:43
Sounds and looks like a most wonderful family adventure. Fun photos. Amd look at all that snow. Memories to last a life time. They have ziplines up at Snowbird maybe we should go up there sometime. I think I'd like to try it too. But I think I'd want to keep my head up as well.

Glad to have you back home. See you tomorrow night.

A little in advance, but happy Birthday.

LOL,

Dad
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Father's Day
DATE: 06/15/2007 09:40:06
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Dad,

What a lucky girl I am to have a dad like you! Thank you for everything! They say that a girl learns how to view the world from the eyes of her father-I am blessed to see the world through yours. Love you, pop!

Candice


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 06/18/2007 22:21:12
I totally think I'm more lucky than you---or I should really say more blessed than you. I have such a great family and you bring me such joy. It's been a great experience watching you become the wonderful Mom and woman that you are. I just hope I'm blessed to be able to continue being a part of your life for many years to come. And, by the by, that is one cute baby don't ya think!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: That's it--No more--The End!
DATE: 06/13/2007 20:41:32
STATUS: publish
BODY:

So, after reading up on migraines etc. and talking to Rhonda--I have an announcement.

I am off Soda, particularly my favorite--Diet Coke.

I know, it really shouldn't be hard. But for me it will be. It has been my favorite beverage since 1987. That is a long time. I guess it is time to bring on the Crystal Light!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 06/13/2007 21:05:56
Good luck! I know Rhonda did it. Hope it helps your headaches. I'm leaving in the morning, so I just wanted to wish you a great trip and Andy, a great Father's Day! Take care and be safe but have some fun!! Love you all, Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 06/13/2007 22:44:42
I believe in you Candice!!! ;-)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 06/14/2007 06:34:53
you can do it- and once you do- you'll be SO GLAD YOU DID...!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 06/14/2007 13:06:52
Good for you Candice, I will help you succeed. You are my inspiration.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Elimee Sue
DATE: 06/14/2007 14:57:11
GO CANDI! u rock.. I know that my mom has feeling better since the quit. i hope u will too! <3 u


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Ryan T
DATE: 06/22/2007 15:23:11
Glad you are taking this step. This willadd to your helth for many years to come!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Off to Whistler!
DATE: 06/12/2007 16:33:43
STATUS: publish
BODY:

See you when we get back!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 06/12/2007 20:15:37
Hey Candice, I want to see you do that! :-)Have a great time and be safe!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 06/13/2007 02:18:37
Ta ta!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora
DATE: 06/14/2007 11:27:28
YAY!!!! CANADA, EH! SEE YOU SOON!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 06/14/2007 13:07:26
Baker City, Everett, Whiskey Jack, Should be a great trip.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: What we are up to...
DATE: 06/06/2007 12:50:07
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We have been enjoying summer but since it is raining cats and dogs today, we took the day off and are doing things around the house. The girls are playing Wii to their hearts content, I have been blogging-cleaning-sorting-scheduling-and writing and also playing with the girls.

I had a physical at the doctor's (oh joy) and some referrals were given for me to visit other doctors for my migraines and some other issues. Nothing serious just trying to get some of my issues under more control. I also get to visit with the famous Dr. Daniel Taylor for my TMJ.

Ally had her tonsils removal appointment moved up. It is now scheduled for July 9th which is great so that she will be completely healthy by the time school starts in the fall.

We bought chairs/stools for our counter area. We needed more space for guests for eating etc. They were dirt cheap and with a little paint and fabric will look awesome. They are going to be very nice to have here.

And we are getting ready for our next adventure to Canada. We have some really fun things planned including a zip line, bungy trampoline, bike rides and hiking. The girls are excited and so are we! We leave in just over a week. I can't believe how fast it has come.

And finally, school is wrapping up for the girls. They have loved this year at Challenger. Ally will be sad to leave but we realize that it is time. She has earned some awards this year and there is a ceremony tomorrow. Mandy gets to stay at Challenger for awhile longer and she loves her friends there.

Time to go for now. Looking forward to reading everyone's blogs on this rainy day!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 06/06/2007 21:14:16
That sounds like a lot of fun! I've never been to Canada. Sometime Rochelle and I will have to make a trip. (I did fly over Canada just briefly while flying here!) ;-)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 06/07/2007 09:34:29
Hey! What a cute photo of very cute girls. The rain wasn't great help with Dani and Kirk's move. They finished about midnight last night with all the delays and confusion going on. It's nice of you to help with the kids today. They are excited to come. They told me they LOVED our beds last night. I told them that Ally and Mandy had slept there as well as Taylor and Emily. They thought that was cool. Love Ya.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 06/10/2007 15:55:18
Sounds like you enjoyed a great day inside, out of the rain, playing and working together. Great Mom. Great kids.

I'm sure Allie will feel a lot better when those tonsils are out. Doing it isn't much fun, but the outcome will be worth it.

Take lots of photos in Canada so you can share some of your adventures with us.

Dad
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 06/12/2007 19:52:39
thanks for blogging today- it's great to catch up with you!

issues, issues, issues...we all have them but everybody knows mine...so, what's up?
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 06/14/2007 13:07:53
Man those are good looking kids.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 06/17/2007 09:00:08
Cute girls. Sounds like a very busy schedule. Hope you have tons of fun on your vacation. I have only been to Victoria B.C., but it was very lovely there. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Ally's Hair
DATE: 06/06/2007 12:38:24
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here is a photo of Ally right before the Challenger party.


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 06/06/2007 21:12:30
I can't believe how grown up she looks!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 06/10/2007 15:51:48
Little Allie is growing up, and she looks a little like her Mom, don't you think. She is beautiful and very smart. A chip off the ol' block. It is fun watching her grow up and become such a lovely, little lady. You should be very proud of her. Sue and I are.

Papa Ron
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 06/12/2007 19:48:40
Ally, you're such a pretty girl. i love this picture of you! i hope you had fun at your party :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 06/14/2007 13:08:15
What a beatiful picture.


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 06/17/2007 08:57:22
What a cutie!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Fun Photos
DATE: 06/06/2007 12:36:28
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We went to a Challenger School party last night. We took this right before we left.


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 06/12/2007 19:47:07
absolutely beautiful ladies!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Ally getting her hair done...
DATE: 06/05/2007 08:38:36
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Now here is Ally in the process of getting her hair done-I didn't get a photo of her after it was styled because I was under the dryer. I will do her hair like Liza did and post it soon. We all got our hair done in about three hours. Whew! Ally loves this stuff. Liza said she couldn't believe how both girls just enjoyed the whole process! Oh btw, you can see that Ally is also about to lose a front tooth!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 06/05/2007 08:46:02
i can't wait to see the finished product! you can tell ally loves it...! (just a side note: i took em to get some put in last year and they refused saying it's not safe to treat girls until after puberty...something to do with altering/affecting their hormones... anyone else ever hear of that?)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 06/05/2007 09:28:55
I have asked several people and the response I got was that products are much safer today and that the products don't even touch the scalp when done like this. Liza and I were talking and she said if she was worried about it she certainly wouldn't have done hair all through her pregnancy. I have heard those things but I am not too worried.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 06/05/2007 10:18:56
Can't wait to see her new "do"! As long as the color isn't rubbed into the scalp, I think it's fine as long as people don't get to crazy with it. She looks like she had a blast.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 06/05/2007 12:35:10
Ally is such a cute little girl.


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 06/05/2007 14:26:46
Cute- she's getting so grown up!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: New Haircuts for all...
DATE: 06/04/2007 13:46:11
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here is Mandy's!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 06/04/2007 16:00:29
mandy- your hair is so pretty and you, my little wild child, are adorable!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 06/04/2007 16:24:37
Hi, My baby Manda Kate!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 06/04/2007 20:34:30
Her hair looks really cute!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 06/04/2007 22:11:58
Mandy, you are as much a symbol of America as baseball and apple pie! What a cutie.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 06/05/2007 14:22:33
Adorable!!!!!!!!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: On this date well over forty years ago... :)
DATE: 06/01/2007 16:38:39
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I hope you have a wonderful evening tonight and another great year!

Love,

Candice, Andy and girls


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 06/01/2007 18:33:22
Thank you for remembering. You are much loved and appreciated.

Dad
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 06/03/2007 08:37:56
Thank you. WE had a great time Friday--much better than Saturday when we worked ourselves to death in the yard!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Wow, my laptop is working
DATE: 05/31/2007 12:31:50
STATUS: publish
BODY:
As I hesitantly write this I wait with baited breath for this project to automatically shut down. My laptop has never let me compose blogs! Wierd but true. But it seems to be working now and that is great news as I am nearly always looking at 360 from this vantage point! So there you go. Not much but it puts a smile on my face.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 05/31/2007 14:05:51
As long as you are smiling, so am I!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 05/31/2007 19:39:13
Me too! :-D
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 06/01/2007 04:46:31
yea!...we like happy! :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 06/01/2007 12:01:23
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Update on Memorial Day
DATE: 05/29/2007 10:08:17
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Grandpa Cook emailed me and wrote about all the different people in our family who have sacrificed for our country. On my last blog, I didn't mention everyone by name but on Grandpa's behalf I will:

Grandmother's brother on both sides -- Taylor and Cook

Bobbie lost her husband during Vietnam

Grandpa Taylor served during WWII

Grandpa Cook served in WWII, Guadalcanal,China and Korea.

Papa Ron (dad) served in the National Guard

Let us not forget the sacrifies made on our behalf!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 05/29/2007 15:34:00
i'm glad grandpa emailed you with the list- it never hurts to be exact and in this case i believe it is what should have been done, and now is! thank you!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 05/29/2007 19:31:26
it's meeee again! hey- nice outfit! oh and the real reason i dropped by was to look at the album but for some reason it isn't working... :( i'll check back later and GREAT to talk with you guys tonight!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 05/29/2007 20:51:27
Thank you! It's so important to remember! Love you!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 05/29/2007 23:12:45
It is nice to have that list. It is wonderful that we have so many people who have served in our family.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 05/31/2007 11:01:31
Candice is the BEST!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 05/31/2007 14:03:10
I knew about some of these people, but not all. Thanks for sharing- I appreciate them too!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 05/31/2007 19:41:23
It was actually Grandma Taylor's brother-in-law, Clara's husband. His name is actually at the Punchbowl in Honolulu.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Memorial Day
DATE: 05/28/2007 08:32:56
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Thanks to our Grandpas for serving! We appreciate the freedoms we have because of the sacrifice you made-three cheers for the red, white and blue, hip hooray!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 05/28/2007 14:59:25
Well said!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 05/28/2007 15:04:34
We have much to be grateful for, including those who were part of the "greatest" generation. Three Cheers from me too.

Dad
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 05/28/2007 18:34:44
that sounds suspiciously like a challenger song i once knew... hip hip hooray!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 05/28/2007 19:07:31
Thank you grandpa!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 05/29/2007 10:03:41
You are right Rhonda. :) The girls were singing it nonstop and it stuck.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Vote for your American Idol!
DATE: 05/23/2007 12:28:30
STATUS: publish
BODY:
As I watch my children get so wrapped up in this "singing competition" (wait-is Andy my child?) I am bound to wonder who you all want to win! Here is your "real" chance to vote!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 05/23/2007 12:51:23
Umbrage, yes, I take umbrage to the reference of your mature, wise, and capable husband as being termed 'child'. In no way do the actions of this kind-hearted and involved father reflect the actions of a prepubescent indigent. Furthermore, any reference to such youthful-ness should be reflected in the phrase, 'you are only as young as you feel'. And were I to relate my exact feelings on the subject, you should know that I do feel young, and therefore I act accordingly. Therefore, I am no child, but rather, a more apt description would be, youthful feeling adult. The description I have provided is now corrected, and more appropriate to the situation.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 05/23/2007 16:45:08
Who said Blake? Andy? Remember it is a SINGING contest as Simon would say! I could totally picture Jordin doing very well in today's market. I will be first in line to buy Melinda's cd, however.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 05/23/2007 20:18:56
em's beehive group went to their leaders home to watch the finale- i think they ate more than they listened. did anyone else think that the majority of the songs were downers??? slow? old? they did sing well... BUT!!! i wanted to be jazzed up!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 05/23/2007 20:19:15
p.s. i picked melinda :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 05/23/2007 20:23:23
I hate when they bring what they think is funny on--you know the strange audition people! It's so awkward because they are STILL making fun of them. The show could have easily been just an hour. I'm glad Jordin won but I sure like Carrie Underwood!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 05/23/2007 21:53:40
I haven't even watched it yet, but it's impossible to not hear the end result from somewhere. It's being talked about everywhere! Between Jordin and Blake, I would pick Jordin. However, I do think Blake has a very unique style that Kirk and I do find entertaining. Still, I was shocked when Melinda left us so early, I had her picked from the beginning. Congrats to Jordin!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Elimee Sue
DATE: 05/25/2007 07:12:33
Candi, You asked why the threader lady asked what flirting was.. While she was working on my mom, she was also talking on the phone. She sounded to be flirting with the man so my mom said "This is called flirting" as she pointed towards the lady and right as Christina and I looked at her strangely because she said something like that to a woman who could ruin her face at any given moment the lady replied, "What is flirting in the English mean?" It came up because in her country flirting is only loving a man for his money. So she called the conversation with the man falling in love. She thought my mom was telling us that she was having the conversation to get a hold of the man's money. The whole conversation put a smile on my face so between Christina and I we remembered the entire thing.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 05/25/2007 10:03:21
I have seen a couple of shows here and there. Blake was never a favorite of mine. Either of the other two would have been fine.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: What? The line is 5 minutes?
DATE: 05/18/2007 18:48:30
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Ok, We got a bit spoiled going to disneyland during the off time-we rarely stood in line for much of anything. It was a good thing because it was very hot that day-we literally began melting! One thing that happened while we were there; if you remember last year Ally stole the show during the Billy and the Hillbillies country hour. This year it was Mandy. The fiddler began the Orange Blossom Special (which sounds like a train whistle) and paused for effect. At which moment, Mandy stands up and shouts, "A train!!" He put down his fiddle-looks at her as though a reprimand might be coming-but no, he smiles and says, "That's a smart kid!" The whole room erupted and he picked up right where he left off. Ally was mesmerized by all the instruments played and wondered how the main Billy was able to get the violin bow up his own nose. Yes, gross. But highly fun for Andy and the children. :)

For more trip photos added today, please go to my top (main) page and look in the right top corner. You can play the stamp size or click view photos for larger pics.


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 05/18/2007 20:23:41
Would have loved to have been there with you!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 05/18/2007 20:51:27
That's exactly why we love to go during the off season too!! Billy Hill is one of our fav. shows out there, it seems to never get old no matter how many times you see him stick that bow up his nose! Love it!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 05/19/2007 05:36:56
he sticks a bow up his nose and then plays with it? (lol) i'm so glad that you all had a wonderful time- no lines is the VERY best! whoohooo! and yes, you do have very bright, beautiful children! :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 05/20/2007 13:05:37
Sounds like a ton of fun! Cute photo. Both very cute and smart kids!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 05/22/2007 01:04:40
Sometime we'll have to get Rochelle down there too! Don't let your kids grow up too much in the 6 weeks we are gone!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: We all surround Grandma!
DATE: 05/18/2007 18:42:12
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 05/18/2007 20:24:36
Doesn't she look great for an almost 82 year old? Bobbie and I bought that blouse for her last year in Texas.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 05/18/2007 20:52:45
Great pics of Arizona too. I can't believe a month has already gone by since we were there! Time flies!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Mandy and Grandpa pose for the camera
DATE: 05/18/2007 18:41:15
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 05/18/2007 20:25:38
Candice, the girls look very cute with their hair all done up. I know my folks had a great time with all of you.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: In Grandpa's pool, Ally takes it easy.
DATE: 05/18/2007 18:40:07
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 05/18/2007 20:23:00
We're jealous! I love that no one else ever gets in that pool except our family. Very clean. Lucky you--the weather was too cold for us to swim.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Arizona/California Trip Photos
DATE: 05/16/2007 12:32:30
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I have a new photo album up for you to see with photos from the California portion of our trip. Enjoy!

If you don't know where the photo albums are...they are on my main page-top right hand corner.


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 05/16/2007 12:42:03
What a fun couple of days at disneyland. Mandy loved Matterhorn, and stole the show at Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. Ally could not wait to get on the rides, her parents definatetly slow her down. Her favorite was 'Star Mountain' (Space Mountain) I really liked what they have done with Pirates, and we all enjoyed Big Thunder...
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 05/16/2007 16:38:30
Can't wait to go myself--maybe in September. Your photos of your trip are great. Thanks for sharing and glad you had SO MUCH FUN!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 05/17/2007 15:11:08
We are dying to go, but it will have to wait for a bit! I'm glad you had a great vacation! Love all of you!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 05/18/2007 08:48:55
Looks like you had a great trip. It would be fun to join you at Disneyland sometime.

Dad
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Mandy's Challenger Program
DATE: 05/16/2007 12:12:19
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Still working on the trip photos. I have a photo album in the works. I think we took well over 150 photos :). Anyway, until then, here is a photo of our little star today-Mandy! She had her Challenger Program and she was much improved from her last program (when she was in shock and basically stared at us the whole time:) !) Today she was her normal, lively self and she was so much fun to watch!!! Particularly well done was the chicken dance-she was a hoot.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 05/16/2007 12:47:47
Not too bad of a picture in bad lighting by a novice, well, whatever is below a novice.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 05/16/2007 16:37:02
She did great! I have a few photos too.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 05/17/2007 06:15:18
I'm sure that was fun to watch... I wish we could have been there!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: New Website
DATE: 05/15/2007 14:44:02
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I wrote a lot of what is on here...still a work in progress (we are obviously not in 2006-2007) but I think the thing has potential. Take a look! www.utahregionalballet.org

I will be posting photos from the vacation soon. And wow! Everyone has been busy blogging! It is fun to read-I still haven't read it all but will finish soon! Love to all ya'll!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 05/15/2007 17:07:20
Very nice beginning...So are you going to be the contact for the "support URB" part? :-) Also, looking forward to those vacation photos!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 05/15/2007 18:55:10
the site is artistic and engaging...very nice!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 05/15/2007 20:08:07
I like the photo editing. ;-)
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: My Celebrity Look-alikes
DATE: 05/15/2007 10:11:33
STATUS: publish
BODY:
http://www.myheritage.com

-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 05/15/2007 12:38:33
welcome home...did you have a wonderful time? I'm glad you tried this website out- it's fun! in one pic i had a match to mariah carey and em had a match to sara evans...there is a family connection! oh...i went to read your comment to me and instead of clicking on 'view' i hit 'delete'. oops. i think i better go have nap!!! love you!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Hi all!
DATE: 05/02/2007 12:32:51
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here are a couple of silly little photos of the girls doing their thing and having fun doing it. We are off to soccer today after a serious bout with spring cleaning!! It is great weather for getting organized!!

I have been very impressed with the increased amount of blogging happening. I really love reading about what everyone is so busy doing!!!

Just an update on the Orem City grant: URB was granted not all we asked for but enough to make quite a dent in our Orem programming. I had to haul my two sweet babies to a public meeting in case there were any more questions. Mandy fell asleep (bless her little heart) and Ally watched a movie with her headset on. It was a good thing I went. I answered a couple of questions with baby in arms--for effect of course, and was able to state our case again. So, they gave in--YEA!! BTW, Rhonda, I am not sure but I think I understood that your group got funding too--also a big YEA!

Love you!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 05/02/2007 13:24:32
These are unique gowns. Are they Mom's? JK--she looks like she's having a grand time!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 05/02/2007 14:09:46
They are old ballet studio costumes. They still get lots of wear from the girls!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 05/02/2007 15:24:38
What a beauty! And such lovely form too! :-) Congrats on the grant! Maybe that means you can stop stressing about it all for a little while! I, too am impressed by all the blogging as of late. It's great to be in touch! Love you and see you tomorrow!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 05/02/2007 18:52:40
how exciting! not as exciting as you expecting twin boys- or the found gold, but very exciting!!! (love you)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: BJ
DATE: 05/02/2007 21:19:55
Congrats Candice!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 05/03/2007 08:18:01
What a beautiful dancer...
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Ryan T
DATE: 05/03/2007 15:54:26
Thanks for the update. Good to catch up with you, albeit in this somewaht non-social fashion.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Hi Again...
DATE: 05/02/2007 12:25:34
STATUS: publish
BODY:

And Mandy in dress up. What a happy kid!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 05/02/2007 13:23:20
What a glamor girl! Mandy is getting tall and definitely losing that "baby" look. Love Ya.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 05/02/2007 15:22:16
Hello Hollywood!! How fun!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 05/02/2007 18:53:44
the girls are adorable! kiss, kiss, kiss!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 05/02/2007 20:50:51
what a cutie!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 05/03/2007 08:17:06
Start spreading the news....
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Joseph Cornell and other things keeping us busy
DATE: 04/30/2007 12:48:36
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Ok, Joseph Cornell isn't a thing. But he was the source of one of my finals. I had to go inside the artist (theoretically of course) and create a work that fits his type of aesthetic. Whew. This guy was nostalgic and created boxes full of seemingly random items. The items weren't random of course-they were his little obsessions. Anyway, the teacher liked my work and asked if I had considered doing an entire work based on Joseph Cornell. Yep, in all my spare time.

This week has been a bit crazy. But it is done. I have two tasks for this coming week (other than mommy duties and get ready for our trip)-they are 1) get an State Board of Education grant done for URB and 2) get my graduate committee together to finish my 2nd semester. Shouldn't be too bad. My meeting in front of Mayor Washburn and the Orem City Council was interesting. I think I made some good points-but who knows? All I know is that the experience left me a bit weak in the knees. I guess the first time is the scariest.

We took the girls to Lagoon on Saturday. We had a lovely time. Ally was tall enough to ride the old rickety roller coaster, the wild mouse, and the spider. Gulp. She liked them. Mandy and Ally rode all the kid rides a bunch. There wasn't entertainment yet-I missed not being able to sit and chill for a bit.

Ally and Mandy watched the entire 3 episodes of the BBC version of "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe". They loved it. The special effects are quite low-budget but the storytelling and acting was great. It was like sitting in a London theatre, seeing it played out live. It stayed true to the stories, which made it very cool.

Well, off to get Ally ready for soccer. We love you!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 04/30/2007 20:02:36
well, at least you know that if you decide to change courses and to delve further into Mr. Cornell's life- you have an inviation to do so!

you're an amazing woman, sis!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 04/30/2007 22:34:54
I agree with Rhonda. I love to hear about your classes and all the things you are involved in. Glad you are now having some "down" time to relax with your family and take a vacation. I can't believe that Ally rode that roller coaster. The last time I was on it, I hated every minute--no I should say I thought I was going to DIE every minute and swore I would NEVER ride it again!!! How about that? :-) Dad and I do want to see Ally play soccer. Somehow, we have got to get to some of these games! I know I'll talk to you tomorrow, so just know I love you all. Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 05/01/2007 22:23:01
I echo Rhonda's comment, you are an amazing woman. I don't know how you Taylor daughters do what you do, you seem to be able to do so much with so much aplomb. You have my total admiration. I continue to be amazed at your wonderful capabilities.

Grateful to be your Dad,

Me.

Dad
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 05/02/2007 15:21:21
Somehow I missed this one before! First of all, I'm not surprised that your teacher liked your work. I expect nothing less from you! I am sure you are looking forward to a break from school for a bit though. You are awesome!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Pray to know His Will, then pray to have the strength to fulfill it
DATE: 04/19/2007 13:21:52
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I read Elder Scott's most recent conference talk about prayer and I was so moved again by his thoughts about prayer.

So often I think of praying for what I want instead of praying to know what he wants for me. It was also interesting to note that Elder Scott mentions that when no answer is the answer, perhaps we should thank the Lord for trusting us to make the decision. And finally, it was touching to realize that instead of trying to thrust my will on the Lord that if I will be accepting, I can then pray for the strength I need to do what he wants me to do.

Just something I have been thinking about today. Love you all!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 04/20/2007 06:35:31
great thought to share- and i (we) love you too!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 04/23/2007 20:53:51
I'm kind of late as we've been gone. Thank you for that reminder. I always enjoy Elder Scott's talks. Hope to see you soon. Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 04/24/2007 12:35:35
I remember that talk well, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Let's do get together soon! Love you!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 04/24/2007 22:07:11
That talk was one of his classics and we would all benefit by thinking about what he said and following his counsel. Thank you for reminding us of it.

Love you, Dad
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Kimmy!!
DATE: 04/15/2007 20:49:32
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We can't believe how big you are!! Seven years old...wow! You are a sweetie and we love you so much. Hope your day today is great--Hip Hip Hooray for Chuck E. Cheese and birthday parties!!! Again, Happy Birthday, Kimmy!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 04/17/2007 13:03:15
looks like they had a fun time of the tradition! yea!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 04/17/2007 20:25:48
Thanks Candice! I am so sorry Ally missed the party. We all missed her! Love you all!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: No avatar changing for now apparently...
DATE: 04/11/2007 13:20:26
STATUS: publish
BODY:
I tried to change mine to without success. Anyone want to celebrate Easter again?
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Deseret News Story
DATE: 04/06/2007 13:58:08
STATUS: publish
BODY:
OREM ENTITIES ARE VYING FOR $1.8 MILLION IN GRANTS
>It's easy to split $1.8 million 28 ways, except when one of the parties seeking the money wants $16 million.
>FULL STORY: http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C660209381%2C00.html

-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 04/06/2007 15:41:01
very cool candice! so i bet you're curious about who else turned in grant requests? further, i'm curious as to why the city wants to buy land for soccer fields when no land has ever been set apart for them? most cities that have the fields pretty much built them into the city plans. also- i imagine that school grounds are being used? it's too bad there is so much need and so little forethought. one competing grant is from our choir group, requesting funds to restore the steinway on stage at OHS...
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 04/06/2007 15:52:37
Cool, I hope the steinway gets fixed. The soccer thing is a bit ridiculous--will be interesting to see how that turns out. I think we asked for an appropriate amount for our outreach programs but we will see how it goes. I am glad there were only 28 competing groups. Next year it will be tougher.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora
DATE: 04/06/2007 19:36:55
YAY!! I am so proud of you. We have spoken many times about how there isn't enough support for the arts. You are such an amazing woman!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 04/06/2007 21:54:05
I don't understand the soccer thing. They seem to be doing just fine with what they have. Why do they get to apply for "arts" money anyway? I hope the steinway gets fixed too, that would be neat. Good luck with it. You sounded great...even if they got the bussing part wrong!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Soccer, Deseret Morning News and more...
DATE: 04/04/2007 18:09:22
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Let's see, I need to catch everyone up.

Andy is headed off to Las Vegas. He will be flying with Kirk, I believe. I will be staying with m0m some so she can help me get the kids to school. He is enjoying his work and things are going better with "bishopric"ing so that is good.

Ally lost another tooth and the tooth fairy came again! She has lost two on the bottom now. She is noticing the lack of bite that she has these days. She also started playing soccer today. And she scored her first goal of the season. The funny thing was we played against her regular team. So she said hi to all her friends on that team and made some new ones on her new team.

Mandy is enjoying the warm weather. She wants to be outside all the time. She is the happiest kid and such a joy to have around. She can't wait to play soccer too and is constantly playing on the sidelines.

I am doing well. I turned in the Orem city grant for URB on Monday. It was difficult because I had very little support from the accountant...oh well. However, it is done. The funny thing about that is that today I got a phonecall from the Deseret Morning News. They got a couple of names of groups that turned in grant applications and ours was one of those names. So, they want to write a story about the process of writing a grant for Orem City. And I did my best to answer without sounding like a jibjab fool. It was cool though because I got free press to promote some of our programs we are trying to expand; URBKids and The Choreography Design Project. Yea! Oh and for those of you who know what this is; today I did for the first time in probably 10 years--a double pirouette directly into a triple fouette. Whahoo--this ol' mama has a trick or two still!

Love you guys!!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 04/04/2007 20:00:00
Whohooooo!!!! I wish I could have seen it! Was it in Attila's class? Anyway, let me know if Desnews prints anything since we don't take it anymore. I'll be talking to you tomorrow, so bye for now ;-)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 04/06/2007 05:10:37
lol...no, i don't know- but hey a big YIPPEE anyway! you are amazing! (old mama? what's that make me???) congrat's on getting the grant written up, despite the obsticles and tell us about the article should you get to see it in print!

your kids are at such a fun age...losing teeth, happily playing on the sidelines... take it all in!

love you sis!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 04/06/2007 21:44:10
This old mama? Hardly! Way to go! I can picture it perfectly in my mind! Good luck with Andy gone next week. This is a bad time for Kirk to be gone, but hey, what's new! I am quite used to it by now! I'm going to read the article right now. Looking forward to it!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: What is this?
DATE: 03/29/2007 10:08:59
STATUS: publish
BODY:

While this is beautiful and all (copied from KSL web) it made for extremely unfun driving. Combining homework and early rising for snowy driving meant that I didn't get to sleep on Tuesday night. Obviously, I made it okay but again it was unfun. By the way, did you all see the new Harry Potter Book 7 cover? You can find it by going to http://www.mugglenet.com/viewer/?image_location=/dhcovers/dhusfull.jpg

I'm getting excited for it to come out. I have read that it is very emotional.

Another thing, I took Ally to the dermatologist and for all those who fight dry skin and eczema...the best remedies are vaseline(yes-good ol' petroleum jelly) covered by socks at night when sleeping, rubbing on mineral oil or olive oil directly after a bath while the skin is still damp and finally, something called mimyx-a type of ointment. I am not sure if you can get that w/o a prescription but there it is. And it is not proven by any way that water softening helps which surprised me greatly.

Well, better get to the laundry and cleaning which I have neglected for a couple of days. Hope this finds everyone doing well (kidney stones included!!!)

ttfn

Candice


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 03/29/2007 12:16:19
Well, Candice, all I can say is that it will soon be over and you can start another "summer-O-fun!" Love Ya.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 03/29/2007 13:02:18
Darn the commute! How funny, I have always put vaseline with socks over it at night on me and my kids when we have really dry skin. I guess you could say we all have mild eczema, and it always works! I've actually done it on myself since Jr. High! Also, yes I've seen the cover for book 7. I really like it and I'm also really excited (and a bit sad) to get my hands on it. We'll be in Hawaii when it comes out! By the way, right now I'm doing fine, thanks for thinking of me!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Spring Break for mom...
DATE: 03/20/2007 13:19:18
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Hey,

I am on spring break. Ahhh. We have been enjoying the sunshine and the outdoors as we love to do. I am also finishing some work in order to meet with my committee in a couple of weeks. Things are crazy busy as ever but time in the sun always seems to offset it for me. Nothing to report but that things are fine here and we can't wait to have all of us together when Rhonda and the kids come!!!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 03/21/2007 05:44:31
i, too, LOVE a change in the routine that allows eough time to stop and relax...and enjoy something that's been missing or overlooked. so, a toast to spring break! and :) see :) you :) later :)!!!!!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 03/21/2007 09:44:57
Yea for time off! I'm glad you are enjoying it! We'll have lots of fun this week!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 03/21/2007 16:59:11
Isn't it funny that you and Rhonda's fam have spring break at the same time! I'm glad you're having some fun. Looking forward to spending time together with all of us!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Typical scene when daddy comes home...
DATE: 03/13/2007 14:28:10
STATUS: publish
BODY:

So some kids give hugs, not ours. Andy has to watch out for tai chi, karate and other such stuff when he gets home. The girls love to wrestle their daddy to the ground and declare victory! I must say, Andy is a good sport.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 03/14/2007 22:21:05
That's awesome! Great picture to capture the moment!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 03/15/2007 05:17:39
so, with your girls you have oomph to your memories! how fun for all of them!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Recent photos of girls
DATE: 03/13/2007 14:26:05
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I love this one that I took today because not only did Mandy do her own hair but you can just see how happy she is to be playing her games! She loves to do things to the computer that challenge even Andy to figure it out. We honestly don't know how she does what she does but it sure makes this kid happy to do it!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 03/14/2007 14:32:59
I LOVE the hair! She looks so pleased!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 03/15/2007 05:18:15
this is a great photo...so cute!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Ok, girls are doing better and other stuff...
DATE: 03/13/2007 14:22:03
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here is the long promised photo of Ally's lost tooth. Isn't she proud?


It was confirmed that Ally had strep throat and infected her arm because she coughed on her eczema. She has been on the antibiotics for 5 days and she will be ready for school tomorrow. It is a good thing because tomorrow is a picture day at Challenger. She is also getting ready to participate in the Challenger speech contest. It is really cute. And finally, following in everyone's footsteps I have begun teaching Ally piano. She really likes it. I hope I can teach her well enough.

Mandy seems to have avoided the strep throat. I have been watching her like a hawk with flashlight in hand to see if anything develops on her throat-I think she simply thinks I am odd which is also true but another story. She is a good sport and puts up with my constant cleaning and hand sanitizing. :) She is also taking full advantage of the fact that because she is "taking it easy" with Ally, she can play computer games and watch plenty of Dora. Mandy honestly couldn't be happier!

Our family has been experiencing some of the joys of missionary work. Our neighbor family is a divorced mom of three. The oldest daughter is baptized but the ten year old boy is not and the seven year old daughter is getting ready as well. We have played with the kids, brought treats to the whole family and the next thing we knew the mom was asking about missionary lessons for her kids. Her testimony is quite weak, but she wants them baptized. The kids are so excited. They have had two lessons so far and all is going well. It is really cool to be a part of this and have the girls be a part too. I will keep ya'll updated. Their names are (oldest to youngest) Amanda, Coco, Zach and Riley-in case I mention them by name.

Let's see, I think that is all. I will now post some new pics of the kids for your enjoyment..of course you will see those first because of how blogging works. We love you, keep blogging! We look for messages everyday from you!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 03/13/2007 20:44:26
Life is a great ride, full of all kinds of twists and turns, ups and downs. But, mostly its fun. Now is fun. I enjoy reading about the fun you guys are having right now. You're a great family. Great parents. Great kids. Keep up the good work. Congrats on the missionary work. Keep us posted on how it goes.

love ya,

Dad
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 03/13/2007 21:32:59
So glad the sickness is over once more and that Ally's arms are better! Cute photos--all of them. Good luck with your neighbors. What a blessing for that little family to have you guys next door!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 03/14/2007 14:31:41
What a big girl! Cute smile!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 03/15/2007 05:22:30
hooray for you ally girl! what a great smile you have, too! i'm glad everyone is on the mend...these sicknesses and such of our children feel like a major clog in the pipe lines of life: concern, functionality, (by the way is that a word andy???)and back-up. maybe there's more to my little analogy but it's early a.m. and i'm still not ready to think! love you! p.s. write anything you feel inspired to write to tay- there were no directives given other than i'm supposed to turn it in on Sunday. Thank you!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Emily!!
DATE: 03/04/2007 08:59:46
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Do you remember this trip? That was so fun!!! I can't believe how much you have grown up and here you are a beautiful 13 year old!!

Happy Birthday, sweetheart!!!

Love,

Candice, Andy, Ally and Mandy

ps

your card is in the mail!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 03/04/2007 15:46:42
cute picture!!! and em loved her birthday phone message from you all- thank you!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Ryan!!
DATE: 02/28/2007 15:21:18
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Getting Older And Wiser ! A well paid compliment for your friends/ loved ones on their B'day.Birthday Bark - Hydrox (330)

Happy Birthday, Ryan!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Ryan T
DATE: 02/28/2007 15:45:41
Thanks!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Update on the Taylors
DATE: 02/27/2007 13:13:19
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here's an oldie but a goodie photo. This is when we first moved back to Utah. I know it sounds crazy but I do like having the snow. It is so pretty and so good for a beautiful summer. I will take it over an inversion-anyday.

We are doing well. Andy is getting the hang of bishopricing. I am watching him take on the hearts of the people of the ward..he might not admit it but it is already beginning to change him. He is doing well at work too. Hopefully despite the sale of Altiris and the markets in general--work will keep giving these guys a chance!

I am d0ing better this semester than last. I am actually accomplishing research and writing to the point of finishing papers! I am so glad I switched to a MWF schedule instead of trying M-F. Our family feels more intact and happier with this schedule and I find I have more desire to write.

Ally is at the top of her kindergarten class. She works really hard to do all they ask her to do. She has been working on all her subjects but most of all she has been working on curbing her enthusiasm long enough to actually raise her hand for questions or comments. She struggles with that in primary too-it is so sweet to see how much she loves learning. We just played a game of Zarahemla and she beat me. No joke my six year old beat me. Dang it. :)

Mandy and I hung out today. We talked about Dora and danced to her favorite music. She then sang a few princess songs. She loves to do that. Then in a style completely "Mandy" she says, "Mom, you can't dance anymore. It's just my turn". Bummer. Once in awhile she says, "I need to be by myself now." Which is her nice way of saying, leave me alone. You have to listen to her when she says that because she is serious.

I got to talk to Rhonda over the weekend-thanks for calling me back! It wasn't long enough though. I got to talk to mom and Dani today. I also got to talk to Christy-it has been too long since we have talked on the phone. It is always good to catch up on everyone. And of course I get to see many of you on Jacob's big baptism day Saturday. The girls are so looking forward to that. The invitation was really cute. Keep blogging everyone. I feel better when I know that despite the struggles everyone is hanging in there! I love to hear all the stuff going on in your lives that you share!!

Love you!!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 02/27/2007 21:22:16
It was good to read your update. Glad everything is kind of settling in after all the new stuff! Sounds like all of you are doing very well. I love to stay in touch too. Love Ya, Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 02/28/2007 12:25:06
It's great to hear how everyone is doing! Thanks for the update! Love you guys! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 03/01/2007 19:04:52
i'm so glad i had a minute to stop and read this! it was great to talk with you too...and soon we'll be there again! yea!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Jacob!
DATE: 02/20/2007 09:45:28
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Hey Jacob!

Happy Birthday from our family! We hope today is great!

Love,

Andy, Candice, Ally and Mandy


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 02/20/2007 09:48:18
Cute picture!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Ryan T
DATE: 02/22/2007 16:00:56
I'll make sure Jacob sees this!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Of Trolley Square
DATE: 02/13/2007 17:58:28
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Last night as our philosophy and aesthetics class was about to begin, one of our classmates walks in with his girlfriend and talks of a shooter at Trolley Square. They had been at the mall and had left to go home when they started to hear the sirens. They were scared it was obvious. No one really said anything. I don't think it dawned on us what had actually happened. I watched the news today and realized what a horrible thing had occured. I still don't know what to say except, I can't believe that something like this has happened to a place I have gone to many times, I can't believe that this kid couldn't find another way to express his pain or grief or anger, I can't believe the bravery of an out of uniform police officer who stopped the shooter because he happened to be out to dinner with his expectant wife, and I can't believe that anyone will ever attend a mall or other public place and not wonder for a second or two if they are safe. It is such a sad thing to have happened.

In other news, I have spent the whole day taking care of my sick little Mandy. She came home from school sick yesterday with a nastyt cold and is now feeling much better-albeit coughing and annoyed :). And Ally has lost her first tooth. We will post a picture asap, but she wanted me to tell the world that she will be visited by the toothfairy on Valentine's Day! I hope everyone is doing well--it sounds like despite crazy weeks and all everyone is doing fine. Happy Valentine's Day1


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 02/13/2007 18:06:31
i read about the mall shooting today- what a horrible story and thing to happen: tragedy.

Ally! how fun to lose your tooth and then to get your first visit to the tooth fairy on Valentine's Day! you'll always remember that! and Mandy, i'm so glad you are feeling better. all beautiful girls should be feeling frisky and full of life on Valentine's day. that includes you, sis! :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 02/14/2007 09:18:53
Yes, I was glued to the TV on Mon. night watching it all transpire. How very, very sad. Hope Mandy continues to feel better, and congrats to the toothless Ally! Love you guys! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 02/15/2007 10:22:54
It's hard to understand how an 18 year old boy could do such a thing! He was an immigrant from Bosnia and apparently did not feel a part of anything here. I feel sad for him and his family, who seemed very nice, as well as the victims of the shooting. I hope there will not be any copycat mall shootings from this.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Andy!!!
DATE: 02/07/2007 11:42:28
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Andy,

Happy Birthday! I am so glad to have you!! I know you want your birthday to be just a regular day, but your family wants to celebrate you being with us!

We love you, we appreciate you, and we thank you for being the kind and good dad and husband that you are.

Love,

Candice, Ally and Mandy


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 02/07/2007 12:59:26
hey sis- good job in the birthday wishing!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 02/07/2007 13:13:02
Nice picture of you two! Happy Birthday from us too, Andy! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 02/07/2007 13:18:17
Happy birthday, Andy! Even tho a day early. We're looking forward to dinner Friday night. Have a good day tomorrow.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 02/07/2007 18:56:11
Happy Birthday Andy- we hope you enjoy the day!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 02/13/2007 15:55:46
My wife is my constant support! I am so grateful to have her! AND...She is a wonderful homemaker. Candice, home is wonderful place to be with you around.




-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Andy!!!
DATE: 02/07/2007 11:37:22
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here's another, this one was taken in Ukraine on his mission.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 02/07/2007 12:00:50
See, I used to be non-fat...




-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 02/07/2007 12:58:08
that is a great photo- such a cute missionary visiting such a cute ukrainian grandma :)
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Andy!!!
DATE: 02/07/2007 11:36:16
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here's another.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 02/07/2007 12:57:06
these are so fun!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 02/07/2007 13:12:05
I can see Mandy in this one!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 02/07/2007 13:13:00
That was my 'Ernie' shirt. I think my mother kept it...


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Andy!!!
DATE: 02/07/2007 11:29:14
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here's another.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 02/07/2007 13:16:51
Ah, my life-long love affair with disneyland springs forth from this picture. Yes, that is Disneyland in the background.



Disneyland should be experienced fast-paced, so that you do everything you can, as fast as you can, so that when the sun sets, you find yourself asleep in a stroller, basking in the warm California sunset.



I think Mandy looks like me in this picture.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Ally's Nutcracker Photo
DATE: 02/01/2007 13:50:02
STATUS: publish
BODY:

BTW, here is Ally's Nutcracker photo. We just received it and we love it! She had such a good time-well, mostly. :) Enjoy!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 02/01/2007 15:25:36
What a little sweetheart! It was so fun to see her and Kimmy on the stage in all their "whiteness!"
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 02/01/2007 16:09:56
that picture is just precious!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Rochelle T
DATE: 02/02/2007 07:49:06
How cute! She looks very grown up. It was fun to see her dance!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 02/03/2007 14:08:17
Darling!! Don't we just love our little angels? Kimmy's pic is cute too, I'll post it if we get our scanner back to being hooked up here soon. Love you! Dani
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Sorry it has been awhile...
DATE: 02/01/2007 13:47:11
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I guess I should keep up better. We have the usual excuses...school, work, girls, bishopric and the never ending cleaning. But really there isn't an excuse for not keeping up with the blogging!!

I would first like to say that I am so glad it snowed. We can breathe again! I also want to say what a beautiful addition we have to the family! Tanner is a beautiful baby and it seems that yet again our family is blessed with a healthy baby. What a blessing that is. And I believe he had to be in the Adams boys' birthday month-I can see Tanner explaining to anyone listening in heaven-well, you see January is Braden's birthday month and my dad's birthday month, come on--I am close enough!

What a blessing to have this family-everyone caring about each other. How great is it that when someone is in need, we can pull together our faith for each other. I really love that.

Andy and Kirk's company, Altiris, was purchased by Symantec this week. It came as quite a shock. This is the fourth time Andy has been purchased. Twice it has not been good. We hope for the best, but just like you we try to keep having the faith to know that everything will be just fine. I told Andy that I like denial sometimes. Speaking of coping, sometimes denial is great-just pretend like everything is fine. Truth is-maybe it will be.

Love you guys!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 02/01/2007 15:24:23
Welcome back! I love you and know you will be just fine one way or another. Love Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 02/01/2007 15:36:42
Third time actually... and yes, it will be fine.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 02/01/2007 15:46:21
oh sorry, you are right. Legato ate Vinca, EMC ate Legato and now Symantec eats Altiris. :)


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: What Ally made for me...
DATE: 01/23/2007 10:27:13
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Can I just say how much I enjoy reading about your lives? Thanks for blogging! Rhonda, thank you for finding this vehicle for us to stay in touch! It is easy, fun and simply great. The only thing that gets difficult is figuring out something in my life to talk about. My classes are not much to talk about. The current 20-30 page paper I am working on is about Attila, his history, training and current teaching methods. My technique class is going well. My foot doesn't bother me as I have figured out what I can do and what I cannot do anymore. Sad, but my favorite dance moves, petit allegro and grand allegro, are a bit out of reach for me now. So, I enjoy each waltz and adagio like it was my last. :) But I do still love to dance. I love the music and the way it feels to move! I have a philosophy class. It is actually under the modern dance department. I feel a bit like a fish out of water with some of the choices of discussion and I don't like that I am the only ballet dancer in the class but I do like the reading material. I have learned much about different philosophers and why they thought what they did. I don't always agree, but it is enjoyable to read.

As I was focused on my other more important job, being mom. I was cleaning up and Ally sneaked away to make me a present. I was to absolutely leave her to it. When I was allowed, this was on my desktop...Mom and Dad we love you and you can sleep owt in the living room and you can do ezy bake love Ally and Mandy ,

Along with the note, by the way she thinks a vacation is sleeping on the hide away in the sofa and playing easy bake oven, she had made me a pair of earrings from the jewelry kit she received for her birthday. The earrings are really cute! It just made the day special. So have a great day, all, and here is to making all days special!!!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 01/23/2007 10:32:48
What a sweet story from a very sweet girl! Glad things are going well for you and that your foot is not so much a problem. I enjoy the blogging too. My Dad still hasn't quite got the hang of it and just when I was trying to show him some things, his internet died due to water in the line! I'll have to try next time I go down. However, I did get the sound working! Love Ya. Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 01/23/2007 15:14:11
So, when are we going to sleep owt in the living room? And what treats are we going to make with the easy bake oven. And don't touch my pots and pans!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 01/23/2007 16:10:36
There is nothing better than those moments where you know that your kids do love you!! What a sweet and thoughtful gesture from her. Maybe you should give the "vacation" a try! It might just be what you need! Love you! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 01/24/2007 15:01:32
so very sweet! and now you have it blogged for the years to come- i love this, too!

btw- i very much enjoy hearing about your classes and dancing. i'm glad when you share anything you want to say about it!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Trying to think of something worth posting...
DATE: 01/16/2007 22:04:03
STATUS: publish
BODY:

So it is about 11pm-everyone is asleep and I am typing-typical. I should be headed to sleep, afterall I have to leave at 6:30am, but instead I am considering what would be blog worthy. I think everyone is updated on any and all news in our family. Basically, busy and hanging in there. I did have a sweet conversation with Ally today. She will not drop the subject of violin lessons. I asked her why she was so interested in the violin, she said that because of Whitney, Lindsay and an orchestra that came to visit her school-she loves it. She says to me, "I love the way it sounds, mommy." OK all together--ahhhhh.

So I am also thinking of the other things the kids do, the stuff Andy is doing at work and church (and the fact that he is not starving!!! ) I thought of my schoolwork and momwork and came up with nada.

So I will report to you the most important thing that I can think of to blog about today...

American Idol has returned!!!!!!

We had a fun time watching it--I love that show. A subtle or not so subtle mix of cringe-worthy auditions and actual talented auditions. Yea!!

Ok, I feel better now. Love you all-good night!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 01/17/2007 08:11:38
You're so funny! And yes, you should be sleeping!! I love American Idol also. And I think Ally would be great on the violin, but she does have a little time yet. I'm sure I'll be talking to you soon, so bye for now. Love Ya, Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 01/17/2007 09:14:16
Yes, this is the time of year for TV for us too. But, as you probably know, we TiVO everything and watch it on weekends, so we haven't watched American Idol yet. Other shows we love....24, which had it's season opener this week, The Apprentice, which also opens this week, and a new fav, The One That I Want, which is a lot like American Idol. Anyway, enjoy!! Love you. Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 01/17/2007 20:22:20
hey sis- i had to share my thoughts on the IDOL, too. That poor guy from midvale, ut. we couldn't stop feeling horrified for him- but he was also so far out there that we couldn't stop laughing. you know that hot/cold feeling? how 'bout embarrassed/protective/amused feeling??? wow...

so Ally loves how the violin sounds. me too! start giving her beginning piano and see how you both do with it. and i'm so proud of little mandy getting her alphabet crown! yea!

now, go to bed little mom!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 01/18/2007 16:06:31
Don't think I don't tell her. I say to Candice, "Go to bed, Wife!" and nothing happens.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Ryan T
DATE: 01/22/2007 08:20:42
Whitney and Lindsay both really enjoy playing vilin/viola. You might consider viola with Ally, as there are far fewer who play and more college scholarships avail. for those who do. For what its worth, I think we started both Whitney and Lindsay around the 5th grade.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Kirk!!
DATE: 01/14/2007 08:54:47
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Birthday, Kirk!! You have the best day ever!! As Andy has always said-your laughter is infectious!! We love having you in the family!!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 01/15/2007 14:58:16
Yes, and all those nice things I said about you when we were playing those games? They are all completely TRUE!!!




-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: More January happenings...
DATE: 01/11/2007 17:27:24
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Well,

What a week it has been. School started for me and Andy is very busy with his new calling in the bishopric. We have a newly split ward without anyone in leadership callings! Almost entirely made up of new young families who have moved in (most are newlyweds!) the last 6 months mingled with about 10 families who have lived on the land since the pioneers! Andy has had several nights of meetings where he generally comes home after 11:30pm. (I don't know exactly because I have fallen asleep while waiting!) I have been busy writing my endless course papers--I usually fall asleep with note cards, books and a laptop! But I am learning alot and I love it.

Other than that nothing to report, except the girls are doing great. Mandy earned her alphabet crown and Ally took third place at a Challenger spelling bee and has four loose teeth. They love to play with each other and dance to the chicken dance and the hokey pokey!!

I love to read what is happening in all of your busy lives, please keep posting!!

Love,

Candice


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 01/12/2007 12:21:33
The girls are doing wonderful Candice, you are doing everything wonderfully. Kids, School, Home, wow, how do you do it?
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 01/12/2007 12:48:13
Way to go Candice! I'm so proud of Ally and Mandy. I know Challenger is a great placae for them. Good luck in all you are doing. Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 01/12/2007 14:46:52
I hope the ward stuff pulls together quickly for you! Wow, 4 loose teeth?? Kimmy doesn't have any loose yet (which we are okay with because she is terrified of loosing them!). Keep up all the good work! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 01/14/2007 16:05:40
busy- and happy- sounds like you all could use some rest and together time but other than that- it's a wonderful life!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Ahh January...
DATE: 01/04/2007 08:47:22
STATUS: publish
BODY:

So we are back to regularly scheduled programming. I got to say, I miss seeing everybody so much. It is a bit of withdrawal. The girls have happily returned to school-although they keep asking where everyone is.

Andy has spent the last two evenings, the entire evenings, putting the ward together. We already miss him terribly. But we keep a smile on our faces and know that he is where he needs to be. The ward splits on Sunday and there is work to be done!

I had a ballet board meeting yesterday and walked away with perhaps more needed of me than I can accomplish. I am grateful for a dad who will sit down with me and teach this ol' dog some new and desperately needed tricks. Dad, thanks again for the time and the materials for the project.

We love you and miss you all!!!!! Here's to looking forward to summer!


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 01/04/2007 11:42:23
I love the rollers! I used that same kind of you girls when you were little. I look forward to summer too because it will be my first in 20 years without working! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! We'll have some fun! Mom (By the way, it was the "old dog" teaching the "young dog" the new tricks ;-) And I'm sure he loved every minute of it.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 01/04/2007 12:16:14
Does Mandy actually need curlers?? Very cute! This getting back on schedule has been hard on us too, one main reason is that we have still been fighting illness over here. Anyway, life always goes on! Good luck with all you are doing and we miss everyone too!! I'm so desperate for spring right now it's not even funny!! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 01/04/2007 14:12:45
those curlers are so cute- but i'm wondering (as well) what possibly could be the purpose? was it the photo op? oh, i know! even curls? or...the miserable experience of sleeping in curlers? ...or... tighter curls? :)

i miss you all terribly- serious withdrawl over here!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 01/07/2007 22:41:40
I love the photo. Real life stuff. Kind of like old times. :-) Dad
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 01/09/2007 10:28:09
I took that picture. Should I sign it, and start selling it for money? A budding new photography career for the sharp-eyed, but dim-witted husband is on the horizon. I will call my portfolio "Life: As it really is."



Perhaps I shouldn't end a sentence with a verb. English grammar, sheesh, who needs it.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Mandy and her best friend, Robbie
DATE: 12/15/2006 13:48:37
STATUS: publish
BODY:

So this is Amanda and her best school friend, Robbie. I kept hearing from Mandy about this boy named Robbie so when I visited her class I figured I would get to meet him. They are quite good friends! Robbie saves her a place to sit on the reading rug and also saves her a place in lines. Mandy shouts, "Hi Robbie!" most every time she sees him and at the Christmas program he asked his mom to get a picture! So we did. And here they are. Their program was also adorable, though Mandy watched the other kids perform just about as much as the parents did. She, I think, thought that the kids in her class were quite entertaining as she forgot to entertain herself! It was a lot of fun.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/15/2006 18:25:20
I was lucky enough to attend both programs and really enjoyed going! Grandma Sue
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 12/15/2006 19:10:43
these little friendships are such fun stories- it makes me think of a couple of the friendships happening in my classroom and they are so cute. mandy, pretty smile and fun red nose!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/15/2006 21:07:58
So fun! I have a similar picture of Kimmy when she was in pre-school with a little boy she was good friends with (his mom told me that he talked about how he thought they would marry someday :-) Such a cute, innocent time! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Wrangler Ron
DATE: 12/19/2006 18:12:29
A fun photo that will be more cherished as the years go by. Keep taking them. Love ya, Dad
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Challenger Christmas Programs 2006
DATE: 12/15/2006 13:42:42
STATUS: publish
BODY:

This picture is of Ally strutting her stuff with partner, Wesley. They really had such a cute program. Those kindergartners showed that they could sing and dance! Ally had a great time.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/15/2006 18:24:01
It was great and Ally was the most "into it" kid up there. She obviously loves performing! Grandma Sue
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 12/15/2006 19:09:12
oh how fun and i wish i could have seen them!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/15/2006 21:09:14
Looks like a lot of fun! I'm sure Ally was the life of the group! Dani
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Some fun pics...
DATE: 12/08/2006 20:48:25
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/08/2006 22:07:09
Very cute pictures! Looks like you had a nice turnout.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 12/09/2006 19:29:28
you are so happy that you are glowing pretty girl!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 12/11/2006 10:40:30
What a beautiful girl, my little Allerina. - Dad
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/11/2006 11:54:07
What a sweetie! It looks like lots of fun! Dani
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Some fun pics...
DATE: 12/08/2006 20:47:00
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 12/11/2006 10:41:17
She hasn't let go of those two things since. It's beginning to look a lot like christmans...toys in every store!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/11/2006 11:55:02
So adorable! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/11/2006 21:50:51
I can't think of Christmas without thinking of Mandy December 23, 2003. I'm sure it will always be that way. She is a true miracle child. Grandma Sue
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Some fun pics...
DATE: 12/08/2006 20:45:09
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Some fun pics...
DATE: 12/08/2006 20:43:51
STATUS: publish
BODY:


-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 12/09/2006 19:28:45
hello pretty girl...i bought you a birthday present tonight!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Okay, illness update...
DATE: 12/08/2006 16:45:43
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Well,  here is the update on Ally and Mandy's illnesses.  They have e coli.  Ally has a kidney infection and Mandy has a bladder infection.  We have them on antibiotics and they should be better in a week.  They may also have a reflux in their bladders and kidneys which would contribute to this whole mess and we will have tests done in a few weeks.  As you all remember, I had reflux when I was little and I remember those tests...ugh.  Oh well.  Bless their hearts they are troopers as we try to figure this whole mess out.    I would like to know if it connected to the nasty flu they had over thanksgiving.  So until I find that out, look out--e coli will be a constant topic of conversation.  Sorry ahead of time.


Here is more information about e coli.


"E. coli" redirects here. See also Entamoeba coli.




















iEscherichia coli
Image


Conservation status

Secure
Scientific classification




















Phylum:Proteobacteria

Class:Gamma Proteobacteria

Order:Enterobacteriales

Family:Enterobacteriaceae

Genus:Escherichia

Species:E. coli


Binomial name
Escherichia coli

T. Escherich, 1885



Image

Image
Low-temperature electron micrograph of a cluster of E. coli bacteria, magnified 10,000 times. Each individual bacterium is oblong shaped.

Escherichia coli (IPA: [ˌÉ›.ʃəˈɹɪ.kjÉ™ ˈkʰoÊŠ.laɪ]), usually abbreviated to E. coli, (coli is Latin for "of the colon") discovered by Theodor Escherich, a German pediatrician and bacteriologist, is one of the main species of bacteria that live in the lower intestines of mammals, known as gut flora. Specimens have also been located on the edge of hot springs. According to US Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the E. coli strain O157:H7, one of hundreds of strains of the bacterium E. coli, causes illness in humans. Presence in surface water is a common indicator of fecal contamination. It belongs among the Enterobacteriaceae, and is commonly used as a model organism for bacteria in general. One of the root words of the family's scientific name, "enteric", refers to the intestine, and is often used synonymously with "fecal".


The number of individual E. coli bacteria in the feces that a human excretes in one day averages between 100 billion and 10 trillion. All the different kinds of fecal coli bacteria, and all the very similar bacteria that live in the ground (in soil or decaying plants, of which the most common is Enterobacter aerogenes), are grouped together under the name coliform bacteria. Technically, the "coliform group" is defined to be all the aerobic and facultative anaerobic, non-spore-forming, Gram-negative, rod-shaped bacteria that ferment lactose with the production of gas within 48 hours at 35 °C (95 °F). In the body, this gas is released as flatulence. E. coli cells are elongated, 1–2 µm in length and 0.1–0.5 µm in diameter.


As Gram-negative organisms, coli are unable to sporulate. Thus, treatments which kill all active bacteria, such as Pasteurization or simply boiling, are effective for their eradication, without requiring the more rigorous sterilization which also deactivates spores.


As a result of their adaptation to mammalian intestines, coli grow best In vivo or at the higher temperatures characteristic of such an environment, rather than the cooler temperatures found in soil and other environments.


 



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/08/2006 17:49:55
Thank heavens we found out before things got much worse--which they could have! Some of that info is pretty interesting, Candice! Hang in there and love you, Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/08/2006 19:01:09
I'm glad the meds are helping them to feel better. Talk about strange!! We love you all and take care!! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 12/09/2006 19:27:41
yikes! i'm so glad that the girls are doing okay! thanks for the info on it too!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Mandy reads!
DATE: 12/05/2006 08:49:14
STATUS: publish
BODY:
So, I am sitting in church on Sunday reading a book to Mandy.  She has always loved to sit on my lap during church and read books with me. Frankly, that is quite shocking because usually Mandy hates to sit anywhere except in front of a Dora movie.  We made some families laugh next to us because upon reaching a picture of a rooster Mandy offered quite a good rendition of a rooster sound.  We then came to a pig picture and I reminded her to make the pig whisper.  But what she did next surprised me.  She looked at the letters P I G and made each sound.  She put them together and said, "Mommy that says pig!!"  She was so proud of herself.  It was great.  I know I have her at Challenger, but at home I haven't pushed her doing anything, she is still two.  The homework  she brings home is mostly scribbles so I just thought that she would pick up everything when she was three or four.  It is amazing to me how children absorb even when you think they are simply not paying attention.  I forget that frequently.  But anyway, it was fun to find out that Mandy somehow paid attention and understood that she could be proud of herself.  Now if we could just work on her screaming...:)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/05/2006 10:08:51
Age will help! After all, you used to scream!! I think by the end of the school year you will notice Mandy will be reading lots of words. She's a smart girl. Grandma Sue
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/05/2006 11:57:21
Yea Mandy! I'm always so amazed by how smart kids really are. Half the time I don't think we give the little ones enough credit for what they can do! You go girl! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 12/05/2006 18:20:01
i love that her first word is p-i-g. funny. not mom- not even cat. but pig. lol yea mandy!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 12/06/2006 16:14:03
That is funny isn't it? Fits her too.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Andrew T
DATE: 12/06/2006 21:14:58
Actually, her first written word is MA, short for Mandy. She is learning to write at school, and can write the first two letters of her name.


-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Sledding, Polar Express and The Andy
DATE: 12/04/2006 13:42:13
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We went sledding a bunch last year.  We look forward to going a lot this year too.   This picture was taken at Rock Canyon Park where they have a fun place to go sledding. 


I need to say congrats to Whitney and Linsay for dancing beautifully at their Polar Express concert last Saturday night.  It was well done and they were great!!!


The Andy has his own avatar now.  Cool, I don't have to be responsible for your crazy ol' self!!! 


And finally,  we got our Christmas tree up.  Ally picked it out.  It is quite pretty.  It is starting to feel a bit like Christmas here.



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 12/04/2006 16:03:51
We would love to go sledding with you this year! Let us know when you go! Also, wish we could have been at the concert for Whitney and Lindsay. We had a company party going on that night. I'm sure they were awesome! Love you guys! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 12/04/2006 16:09:10
is there snow for sledding? we should go while i'm there (tubing, etc.)

Candice, i got the b-day card and choc's today- thank you so much! i love you :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 12/04/2006 16:32:15
Sounds like a plan! I was just thinking it would be good to do something in the snow. We also enjoyed the Polar Express performance Saturday night. Love, Mom
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: We are still here amazingly enough!!!
DATE: 11/28/2006 20:30:30
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Well, we are still here.  In one week we have moved, flew to Seattle with a sick Mandy, drove to Snoqualmie Ski Resort with a sick Mandy, had Thanksgiving (?) with both girls very sick, flew home with two sick girls and have now finally with the help of Mom and Dad have a livable home (we are about 75 percent moved in) and thankfully we have two healthy girls.  Can't say the same for Andy and me, but little head colds are nothing compared to what we have been through.  We are looking forward to a quieter Christmas! 


By the way, Mom has set the 23rd for the Family Christmas Party.  I would like to provide a brunch on the 23rd in honor of Mandy's birthday.  I will send out invites of course.  The cool thing is barring anything drastic we will all be together for the day!!!  I look forward to it.  Anyway, save the morning and the evening of the 23rd guys! 


It is good to be home.  And as soon as I am well enough, Ryan and Mindy look out--we will pop in to see that adorable little girl!!!!


 



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 11/28/2006 22:20:56
Yea! You are back! I'm glad that things are starting to look up for you guys! I'm still a bit under the weather too, hopefully your cold will go quickly! Love you! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 11/28/2006 22:28:36
Good to have you home and so happy the girls are better. Just be safe on the roads to Salt Lake! Love You, Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 11/30/2006 06:34:00
hey- my RSVP is a YES I'LL BE THERE :) :) :) :)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 11/30/2006 15:20:47
Man, you look hot Candice!

-The Andy
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Ryan T
DATE: 11/30/2006 17:23:46
We'll keep an eye out for you when you feel better. Get well!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Oh, and since we are moving...
DATE: 11/13/2006 15:24:31
STATUS: publish
BODY:
We won't have internet for a few days.  So this is goodbye for a bit.  If you need me, I will have my same old cell phone, we aren't even sure if we are doing a landline.  Yes, Rhonda you will have some company!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 11/13/2006 20:01:07
about the landline- i haven't really even missed it!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 11/16/2006 15:57:37
Can't wait to see the new condo! We're thinking of getting rid of our home phone too, but would also have to get a different internet provider.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: I think it is just one of those weeks for everybody...
DATE: 11/13/2006 15:20:20
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I am reading everyone's blogs and realizing it is just one of those weeks.  Everyone is bogged down with stuff, good and not so good, stuff.  It is really amazing that we stay afloat really.  I am having one of those weeks too.  We are moving this week.  It is a bit overwhelming when you add moving to everything else but it is good stuff so--we hang in there.  Mom and I had a good laugh today over the fact that I have completely lost my mind. 


The picture is of Ally and friend at the Utah Regional Ballet "Crystal Enchantment" dinner/fundraiser.  Ally was one of the "little ones" in the performance.  She did great, a lot of money was raised, and I got great food and great company with Andy, Mom and Dad. 


In other news, my degree is progressing (at a snail's pace).  I am currently writing a history paper (based on teaching a ballet history class Louis XIV to present), a 400 level technique evaluation (hopefully to be part of the textbook), a Willam Christensen research assignment where I am hopefully interviewing the bulk of members from the first year of Utah Ballet (the precursor to Ballet West) and finally I have actually completed something...my grants.  I wrote 5 grants.  I will be writing 2 more but those don't have to be done for awhile.  The class I am teaching at the U is doing well.  They are beginning adults but most have had ballet before.  They are getting in shape and having fun (I think?!?)  but what I can't believe is that first semester classes end on December 6th.  Crazy.  It is a good thing I don't have to complete my courses in that timeframe--I would be out of luck.  I think I will actually start my new semester classes the first of February.  Now for those of you who skipped over this section because of length and probably the boring subject matter--it is okay.  It feels good to see all this on the screen, it seems to be finding itself out of my nervous system (STRESS!) and that is good. 


In family news, the girls are loving school.  They couldn't love it more.  They are getting ready for their different Christmas programs.  I am hearing Christmas songs daily, it is really nice.  Mandy knows her simple letter sounds now and some signs that go with them.  Ally passed her irregular blends and sounds to obtain her "golden key".  She likes math best, scary...and her teacher tells me there is nothing to work on, she is a leader and an all around smart kid. 


Andy, as you have seen from time to time, loves his new work.  It has been so great for our family.  And this of course brings me back to the fact that we are moving.  So, I think I have ruminated long enough.  Like I said, it is one of those weeks.  I am thinking of you all with Ryan (in France no less) and Mindy's new baby coming asap, Dani struggling through gestational diabetes and anemia and Rhonda accepting new callings and being handed new challenges, BJ and Rochelle finishing degrees and starting new careers and Mom and Dad going to Hawaii...wait a minute that cannot count! 


We love you guys!!! Thanks for reading my ramblings or a least pretending :). 


 



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 11/13/2006 19:06:49
One day all of the stress will just be a memory. Isn't that nice? I know you must be doing a great job and I really want to read those papers when you get them done. Also, let me know how much $$$ URB raised Saturday night. Love you, Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 11/13/2006 20:00:22
i guess we all feel a little boring as we write about the day to day- but it's different reading it, it really is. you are, they are, we are all crazy busy (except, perhaps, the one snuggling by the fire). Good luck in the next few days- having been sick and trying to keep up with home and school, well i wish i could help. :) And, the girls seem to be thriving! yea to the 'Golden Key'! great job Ally!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 11/14/2006 12:45:01
I don't get bored reading about anyone!! In fact, it's a highlight of my day. Hope all goes well for you this week, let me know if you need anything! Also, let us know what Dr. Morgan says about your feet! Love you! Dani
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for November 06, 2006
DATE: 11/06/2006 15:48:07
STATUS: publish
BODY:

This is Schonbrun castle in Vienna.  It was the 'hunting lodge' for the royal Hapfburg family of Austria, who ruled for more than 600 years.  The Austrian Empire once spanned most of Europe, and some of the family also ruled the Holy Roman Empire.  Candice has already put in her request for me to build her a replica as our 'Summer Home'.


-The Andy


 



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 11/06/2006 17:57:25
verrrrry cool, 'the andy'. getting to see those sites is a dream come true! what fun!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 11/06/2006 23:37:11
Can you imagine exploring through something like that? It would be so fun. Glad you had fun, Andy, but for Candice's sake, I am really glad you are home!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 11/07/2006 09:48:22
Yes, I know you and Kirk have already been talking about the great things you get to see.....without us!! Someday, we all have to go do this stuff together! Dani
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for November 03, 2006
DATE: 11/03/2006 22:17:05
STATUS: publish
BODY:

And here is the other.  I have to admit, I think they are pretty cute girls.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 11/04/2006 15:58:04
Darling!! Both of them! Dani
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for November 03, 2006
DATE: 11/03/2006 22:15:30
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We got the girls' school pictures today.  I thought you all would like to see them.  Here you go!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 11/04/2006 12:05:17
Oh my gosh, they are both adorable and SO grown up. I can sure see some family resemblance there. I want copies!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 11/04/2006 14:13:28
School pictures-! yea! (i'm trying to think if there is one in my past that i liked?!?) Certainly little Ally and Mandy girl will love looking back on these- and i can't help but smile seeing Ally beaming in hers wearing the treasured uniform. Very sweet capture of our little girls!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 28, 2006
DATE: 10/28/2006 07:32:21
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Look how cute you are!  You have the happiest birthday ever, enjoy the day and the week!  We love you to pieces as you well know, but what you may not always remember is how proud we are of you and all that you do.  Keep up the good work!  Looking at this picture, I just can't believe how time flies.  Yes, you were a cute little boy that is true and now you are a smart, capable, talented and handsome young man!


We love you, Taylor, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!


Candice, Andy, Ally and Mandy


 



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/28/2006 17:06:05
i'm having him listen to your call (msg) that you left earlier and having him read you now- thank you!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 11/01/2006 12:10:02
Cute boy--younger and older! Candice, I'll bet you are glad to have Andy home. Love Ya, Mom
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 27, 2006
DATE: 10/27/2006 16:30:10
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Ally, Mandy and I just returned from the Wymount Health and Safety Fair.  As I said before, Ally had entered a picture, and may I add that she did do it by herself-I just got her started, and wanted to see if she won.  Well, Ally took first place for all 5-7 year olds!  She is very excited, not so much for winning, but for what she won-a 1/2 gallon of ice cream from none other than BYU dairy.  She promptly chose her daddy's favorite (oh well) of mint chocolate chip.  They also got to climb all over an ambulance and a fire truck.  Mom got some goodies as well as getting the girls fingerprinted. 
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/27/2006 17:20:52
Way to go Ally! What a beautiful picture! Sounds like you all had fun! See you soon. Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/27/2006 21:55:26
Congratulations Ally!! You colored a beautiful pumpkin! Keep up the great art work. Love, Grandma Sue
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 27, 2006
DATE: 10/27/2006 13:34:20
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Well, Andy is in London tomorrow visiting Annie and David.  They will cruise around London (on Monday) and see some great sites I am sure.  I will try to not be a little bit jealous.  Hanging out alone is tough.  We had a bit of a bad day yesterday so I put the kids to bed at 6:55pm.   Ironically, they went to sleep!  Guess we were all tired. 


The problem is that they could sleep but I could not. 


However, today has been great.  We decorated our pumpkins finally with vinyl lettering and tole paint.  We had a really superb time together.  And now we are headed to the ever popular BYU housing party. Whahoo.  Ally painted a pumpkin picture and entered it in the contest and wants to see if she won.  So, I guess the answer to feeling overwhelmed and blue is to keep knowing that even a lousy night's sleep and can bring on a new and better day.


 


 



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/27/2006 13:43:55
I will be so glad for you to get Andy home. I know how hard it is with little kids and being alone, especially when they are somewhere really cool! Hang in there--I know you are! Love You, Mom
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/27/2006 14:56:50
hey- i'm jealous and what right do i have? traveling is 'da bomb' and here we sit doing the mundane. wait- i think i was supposed to be uplifting! okay- how about this: you're a wonderful mom who gets to have the memories of this day all to yourself. i remember the halloween james was here in tx while i was living with his parents and sick em... somehow that memory of her in a backpack on my shoulders, and both of them bundled up for the very snowy night we had, rests in my mind ...happily. go figure! take heart, we love you!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/27/2006 17:19:46
I'm so glad that you guys had fun with your pumpkins. Hang in there! I know it can be hard. I just wish my kids would EVER be tired enough to fall asleep by 7! Love you and let us know if we can do anything for you! Dani
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 26, 2006
DATE: 10/26/2006 11:51:20
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Hey, this is for Rhonda!  We have played phone tag for the past couple of days and I really am sad I don't talk to you enough!  But here is a picture of Ally who is wearing none other than your present for her birthday!  She really likes it as you can see.  The other thing is that I feel bad that I wasn't the poem writer!  Andy is the only one in this family who can rhyme.  However, since I have received so much credit I will give it a go...it will probably be scary but that is okay since it is halloween time.


Rhonda is a fabulous sister, mother and friend


She brillantly thinks far more of others


Of daughter, son, sisters, parents and brothers


In this as well as in everything she touches, she transcends!


 


 



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/26/2006 13:25:13
do you hear the applause? thank you, thank you! you know, i love it that andy gets involved- i guess it's sometimes confusing because i assume that you are writing...so andy, please sign your name to things...pretty please? i'm so glad ally's outfit fits. i'm a case to think i could buy from a distance- and yet it still happens. love you all!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 10/26/2006 14:45:04
I will remind him to sign all of his entries and I will again remind him he needs his own avatar!!!! Love you sis!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/26/2006 14:55:47
Sooooooooooo cute! I can't tell--what is it made of? Anyway, a good choice!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 23, 2006
DATE: 10/23/2006 13:04:19
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Ok, so not a recent photo.  This is an oldie but a goodie.  Mandy as a baby.  Looking at this I am so quickly taken back to that time, I can almost smell the Johnson baby lotion!  They grow up so fast.  Now she is in preschool and telling me what is on her mind!  She has an ear infection today, she's got her meds and starting to feel better already.  The funny thing about Mandy is that you never know she is sick by being around her.  She is a sunny person and I think incapable of complaining about most anything.  She really is a bright little girl. 
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/23/2006 14:48:49
I'm glad that she is feeling a little better! Cute picture!! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/23/2006 16:18:33
such a sweet little face- and old photos are fun, too. i mailed ally's gift today, to moms, priority- turns out i couldn't find your address. my memory is scary. love you!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 10/26/2006 01:58:47
Manda Kate,



Sweet little firl, I hope you are feeling better. None of us will forget how special you are, and what a little miracle you are to our family. We are so grateful, and feel so blessed that we can be in your family.



I love you you.



-Daddy
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 18, 2006
DATE: 10/18/2006 13:15:36
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here are the cookies from Grandma Cindy!  Ok, Ally has the wierdest face on--but if you will notice, she has already eaten some cookies and might be in a bit of a sugar stupor!  But she was so excited to get a package from the UPS guy!  And we took other pictures with her camera, a film camera, so in a bit we will have pictures with her face when she opened them!  She has really had one of the bestest birthdays ever as she will tell you herself!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/18/2006 14:17:50
CUTE!!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/18/2006 15:15:07
she's such a cutie even with the caught-in-the-act expression!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/19/2006 10:12:24
What fun! Kids love that sort of thing! Glad she had such a great birthday! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 10/26/2006 01:43:11
What do you give to the best 6 year old in the whole world. Something that satisfies the sweet tooth of course. What she is really saying is this. Heck no, I ain't sharing with you!!! These cookies are mine. Get your own. Your birthday is coming up soon. Ask your own grandma for some, and leave mine alone.



I love you Ally



-Daddy
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 17, 2006
DATE: 10/17/2006 09:17:56
STATUS: publish
BODY:

As you remind us all the time, you are growing up fast.  I love the new things you do and learn everyday.   I love the grown up girl you are becoming; so smart, helpful and kind.  I will also remember that you are my baby forever.



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 10/26/2006 01:40:50
Alexandra Lea Taylor

Born on the 17th of October,

and from that day, I lost my heart.

Just look at the eyes, the hair, and the cheeks,

And of course you turned out to be so very smart.

(I really had no choice according to your Mamma Sue)

You are the most wonderful little girl in this whole world.

And I am just so lucky to be your Daddy.



I love you, my little Blue Eyes..



-Daddy
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 17, 2006
DATE: 10/17/2006 09:14:11
STATUS: publish
BODY:

You live life to the fullest...hardly afraid of anything!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 17, 2006
DATE: 10/17/2006 09:12:30
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here is to you, Ally, for making our lives sweeter!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 17, 2006
DATE: 10/17/2006 09:10:34
STATUS: publish
BODY:

You mean...I get to attack with this thing?
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 17, 2006
DATE: 10/17/2006 09:08:36
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Serious fun...
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 17, 2006
DATE: 10/17/2006 09:07:57
STATUS: publish
BODY:

What cuties!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 17, 2006
DATE: 10/17/2006 09:07:17
STATUS: publish
BODY:

MMMMM, Barbie Cake!



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/17/2006 11:33:27
a pretty cake for a pretty girl, ally!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 16, 2006
DATE: 10/16/2006 12:39:28
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We love having BJ and Rochelle come over.  They have visited a lot this week!  Yea!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/16/2006 14:49:11
well, hello beeg! (he braved the lips!?!)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 10/16/2006 18:31:04
Pay no attention to the 'no butt, all gut' in the background.



-Candice :-P
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 10/17/2006 08:53:59
That was Andy who posted the above!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 16, 2006
DATE: 10/16/2006 12:36:50
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Who has the reddest lips in town?  Mandy does!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/16/2006 14:47:02
my, what red lips you have my dear...did mommy or daddy kiss them? we love you Mandy!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/16/2006 17:17:51
You will love this photo, Mandy, when you grow up!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 10/16/2006 18:29:50
We are saving pictures of the girls for the express purpose of embarrassing them, right about when they turn 16. This should effectively dissuade the suitors from calling.



-Andy,
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/16/2006 19:01:31
Wow! Was this make up or candy?? Love you! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 10/17/2006 09:09:11
This was a strawberry soda pop!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 16, 2006
DATE: 10/16/2006 12:35:42
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Who turns 6 tomorrow?  Ally does!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/16/2006 14:46:21
hey cute chick who's 6 today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY...!!!



your present is coming soon :) we love you sweet girl! Aunt Rhonda, Taylor and Emily
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/16/2006 19:00:14
Wishing you a very happy birthday!! Love you! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
DATE: 10/17/2006 10:21:02
Ally loves looking at this blog. Thanks guys!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 14, 2006
DATE: 10/14/2006 11:09:45
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Here, Here.  I post to support the few, the proud, the stalwart, the brave.  I post to remember those who protect us with their swords of truth and light. 




Ron, you are the MAN!




 




-Andy  :-P





-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/14/2006 11:48:27
too funny- (not to take away from the thought, dad)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/14/2006 13:00:35
When I showed this to Dad he said, "I like it! It's how I appear to myself!" ;-)
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 09, 2006
DATE: 10/09/2006 16:48:21
STATUS: publish
BODY:
Image  We have a bunch of sickie little girls at my house.  I won't be able to write much but just to say we are hanging in there.  Ally knocked off a cold and a lost voice just to get tummy pains.  Mandy was up all night coughing.  Mom is hoping to stay well this month--as dad is off on his trips.  Thanks again, mom, for the help.  We love you!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/09/2006 17:54:14
Again...so sorry your girls aren't feeling well! Let me know if we can do anything for you! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/09/2006 18:40:41
man...what a bummer! get well little ones, get well! and for you candice- i'll say a little prayer for you!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 09, 2006
DATE: 10/09/2006 16:44:40
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Ok, here is a list of books given to me by Liza Sandgren (my stylist).  She is another avid reader and recommends these.



  1. Sharon Shinn:  Mystic Rider, Thirteenth House, and Pale Moon Defender

  2. Also by Shinn: The Samaria series: Archangel, Jovah's Angel, The Alleluia Files, Angelica, Angel Seeker

  3. Juliet Marillier:  Daughter of the Forest, Son of the Shadows, Child of the Prophecy, The Dark Mirror and The Blade of Fortriu

This is a short list of what she gave me.  She gave me enough reading material for a long, long time.  Has anyone read any of these?  If so, what did you think?


 


Love you!!!



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/09/2006 18:41:52
this is a 'short' list? huh? lol...:) nope, haven't read a one!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/10/2006 16:10:09
I haven't read any of them either. Let me know which ones are good after you read them! Dani
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 01, 2006
DATE: 10/01/2006 20:52:22
STATUS: publish
BODY:

My first Blog...


By Andrew Taylor


When I first loaded this, my wife's, website,


I asked myself, this can't be right,


Why would anyone reveal to the world,


All one's secrets, one's very life unfurled.


To divulge in great detail daily events of life


The humor, the anguish, the joy, and strife.


To lay before YOU, the complete savagry


of how we live, in infamy.


And so you read, with sympathetic laughs,


about our endless fun and social gaffs,


So you the reader must seriously be,


Just as wacky as we appear to be.


And thus, we welcome you, please read on,


About our joy, our sorrows, and fun.


And remember as you read our many tales,


Of school, of work, and of family travails.


Remember one thing as you do,


We are as seriously messed up as you!


 


hee hee!  :-P



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/02/2006 08:35:32
That's a lot of effort on your part for something so "wacky!" I think the guys should all be blogging on their own page with all of us!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/02/2006 09:31:03
True Andy style!! :-) From one messed up to another....Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/02/2006 15:07:35
No! (do ya think?) what a poem- and prolly just inspired as you typed. some peeps have all the rhymes! and i agree with mom- the guys should be bloggin :)



Sisser? tay runs 5 miles (not 2)- this past weekend he ran it in 19 minutes(ish)speed demon!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 01, 2006
DATE: 10/01/2006 06:48:24
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We went to the Dinosaur museum today in between sessions.  We have been bombarded by requests from the Allymeister.  We had a great time...
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 10/01/2006 18:38:53
Looks like loads of fun! Dani
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 10/01/2006 18:57:15
those kind of times are the best! and great idea to break up the sessions!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 10/01/2006 20:24:18
What a fun thing to do. We haven't been there for awhile. We'll have to get together and catch up on everything. Love Ya, Mom
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 01, 2006
DATE: 10/01/2006 06:44:50
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We found out th at Ally loves the Stegasauruses...not pictured...
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 01, 2006
DATE: 10/01/2006 06:42:27
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We found out the Mandy loves T-Rex's...
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 01, 2006
DATE: 10/01/2006 06:41:31
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Enthralled by the exhibits....
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for October 01, 2006
DATE: 10/01/2006 06:40:24
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We simply had a roaring good time.
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 29, 2006
DATE: 09/29/2006 12:01:52
STATUS: publish
BODY:

BJ,


You are such a great part of our lives.  We love it that you made it home from your mission just in time for Ally to be born, that you came to WA to see Mandy born (what a blessing that was!), that you bring your sweet wife over for dinners and games (you tolerate our Settler's addiction), that all in all-- you and your sweet and goofy grins make our days so much brighter!!! We love you!!!  Happy Birthday!!!


Candice, Andy, Ally and Mandy


 


 



-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 26, 2006
DATE: 09/26/2006 07:43:48
STATUS: publish
BODY:

This is Mandy in what I would call--definitely NOT Challenger style.  She wanted a picture too, so you are blessed to see our beautiful baby in all her morning glory!!!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/26/2006 11:54:12
good morning sunshine!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 09/26/2006 14:30:22
That's SO Mandy! Love it!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 26, 2006
DATE: 09/26/2006 07:42:03
STATUS: publish
BODY:

So, I took a day off.  I needed it.  Just me and the girls today.  Ally got ready for school, here is the pic, and when she gets home we are going to go play!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/26/2006 11:53:36
i can see that this is a very special uniform, ally. you look smart and adorable too!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 23, 2006
DATE: 09/23/2006 13:29:31
STATUS: publish
BODY:
Yesterday, Barbie Hamblin came down to talk to me.  She asked me to organize a fifty (at least) year old scrapbook of Mr. Willam Christensen, dancers and supporters.  Should be fun.  Another project I am working on for the U is that I am researching more into the history of Mr. C.  As the man who first came up with the idea of having ballet in the university--I am grateful to him.  I am waiting for the most comprehensive biography written about him to get here from amazon.  It is actually written by a former bishop's wife, Deborah Sowell.  But I understand that it doesn't have everything--perhaps I can add to what we know about him.  There are a few of his early dancers still around and there are music and scenic collaborators.  I also understand that one of his last trained dancers works at BYU now.  So, got some interviewing and researching to do.  Should be fun.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/24/2006 07:09:55
it's so cool to get to do somwthing that you love. and how rewarding, too!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: MustangSuzie
DATE: 09/24/2006 11:02:39
Candice that's great! I'm sure you remember that Deborah Sowell is the wife of the man (Madison) who tooks Dad's place as Bishop of 92nd ward. That sounds like fun. We're off to church! Love Ya, Mom
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 21, 2006
DATE: 09/21/2006 12:24:41
STATUS: publish
BODY:
Ok, no picture on this one.  I am home working on grants for the ballet company.  It is part of my master's degree.  It is a bit tedious, however I am finding that I can do this and do it pretty well.  I also found out that my feet will probably have some surgery done this semester.  Which means I will have to continue my ballet technique classes for my master's at a later date.  It is all fine with the U, but I feel a bit frustrated.  I am sure, here is the faith part, that it will all work out for the best.  I just wish sometimes that I could control my own destiny.  Road blocks seem to always come just as I get momentum.  The only thing I can do is try to navigate as gracefully as I can--which is funny being that I am probably the most clumsy ballerina I have ever known.  :)  Anyway, that is that.  It was telling in my conversation with my committee chair, Sharee, that she mentioned she didn't worry about me as I have proven to her my commitment and responsibility concerning my master's work.  I wondered when did I get committed and responsible?  I laughed when she said that and I replied that I guess all that sneaked up on me when I wasn't looking.  The truth is that my family and my faith are why.  I keep feeling that even though this life isn't easy-It is worth the good fight.   And specifically towards this master's degree--it is worth the good fight. 
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/21/2006 18:02:14
i'm so sorry to hear about your feet and i really feel i can relate to the road blocks- hang in there (i know you will)we're cheering for you! p.s. a grant writer, huh? i know that it takes great skill to do that one well- congrats! love you all, rhonda
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 16, 2006
DATE: 09/16/2006 20:26:15
STATUS: publish
BODY:

In case you haven't had the chance to look at my photo albums, this is Mandy at her gym class.  She loves going so much!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/16/2006 20:41:20
i think the little gym classes look like a grand time...go mandy!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 16, 2006
DATE: 09/16/2006 20:16:33
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Well, we just came back from visiting a group of MBA friends in Park City.  One of the families is renting a cabinlike home for a year or so until they decide where to buy.  It was a fun evening.  But can we believe the snow?  It was a beautiful drive both up and back.  We looked at the ski slopes with hopes that we might visit them this year.  Ally says to us, "Hey!  The mountains are red because of the trees!"  We had always told her that her birthday comes when the mountains start turning red.  Now she knows all about diciduous trees and evergreens.  It was a fun discussion looking at the beautiful foliage as we drove. Anyway, this is what it looked like when we got there.  Beautiful, eh?
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/16/2006 20:22:11
ummm...after i spent a good deal of this day in the high 90's and i'm thinking at least 85% humidity? plain. cruel. (but lovely!:)
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 09/17/2006 20:16:36
That picture is really cool with the fall colors behind. Looks like fun! Dani
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 09, 2006
DATE: 09/09/2006 20:36:47
STATUS: publish
BODY:

We had a beautiful thunderstorm today, although I am sure that those who actually attended the BYU football game wouldn't be so kind.  Andy, the girls and I stepped out and played in the puddles and decided that we actually felt like a hot chocolate with marshmellows!  We walked down to the BYU Creamery, bought the necessary marshmellows and became quite drenched!  Mandy and I sang songs on the way back, Singing in the Rain and Rain in Falling All Around.  Andy and Ally raced back.  It was a blast.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/10/2006 09:35:33
very cool picture candice- and what a fun way to enjoy it!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Dani
DATE: 09/16/2006 14:43:51
Hey Candice! I just realized that you and Rhonda have been leaving comments here for me and I didn't even know it! I'll be better in the future and actually read them when the are posted! Love ya! Dani
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 09, 2006
DATE: 09/09/2006 20:23:53
STATUS: publish
BODY:

And I found this...Ally with her favorite teacher, Miss Melissa, who helped Ally discover how much she absolutely loved reading!  This particular day was the day of the Mary Poppins performance.  Ally did a great job, having been placed in the front to lead the rest!  She sure loves her school!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/10/2006 09:37:02
ally- great job sweetie! we love you!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 09, 2006
DATE: 09/09/2006 20:09:58
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I found these photos today.  That was such a fun day!  The girls enjoyed a lovely time onstage and we were so proud.   Ally and Mandy watch the ballet nearly everyday now...they have it memorized.  I love that they are beginning to love classical music like I do.  We make up dances, silly and serious :), we sing and have a great time!!! 
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 04, 2006
DATE: 09/04/2006 15:15:57
STATUS: publish
BODY:

And get a three generation photo with mom and grandma Bert!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 04, 2006
DATE: 09/04/2006 15:15:06
STATUS: publish
BODY:

I got to give Papa Bill a squeeze!...
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 04, 2006
DATE: 09/04/2006 15:14:10
STATUS: publish
BODY:

What a great weekend we have had!  The girls got to ride with Papa Ron in the 'stang!...
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 03, 2006
DATE: 09/03/2006 07:56:29
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Hey Beeg,


Whose shooting who?  Gotcha!


 



-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 03, 2006
DATE: 09/03/2006 07:55:23
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Happy Birthday, Dad!  You were very nice to mug for me "after the fact"!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for September 01, 2006
DATE: 09/01/2006 19:28:21
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Two Bugs in a Rug! Image

-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 09/02/2006 21:56:54
hello little honey bugs...!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for August 29, 2006
DATE: 08/29/2006 12:48:42
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Ahhh...Dora.  What a cutie!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 08/29/2006 17:20:04
i just want to kiss those shiny happy faces!!! xxx love, me!
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for August 29, 2006
DATE: 08/29/2006 12:47:48
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Shiny happy people everywhere!



-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for August 25, 2006
DATE: 08/25/2006 05:06:30
STATUS: publish
BODY:

No picture yet-but will post later today with one.  All this week I have attended Ed Week with my friend Alyssa from WA.  We have had a great time together learning new stuff and hanging out.  I have also started school.  Kind of crazy but somehow it all worked out.  School is going well.  I am the first one ever at the U to do the particular MFA emphasis I am doing.  It is kind of fun to be the first-however they just don't know what to do with me yet.  I am trying to streamline the process a bit, I will keep you all updated as it goes. 


Ally starts kindergarten on Monday.  She couldn't be more excited.  And Mandy gets to have Jillyn 3x a week which is great-she loves Jillyn.  They will start Joy School.  Mandy also gets to go to school with mom 2x a week.  They are both great kids and I am so excited for their new adventures. 


Andy starts his new job on Friday next.  He has worked so hard, I am glad that he is seeing some things happening for all that work.  He has been so sweet with the girls this week as I had some time with Alyssa. 


We are so excited for Dani to be having a boy!  Also so excited for Amy's new arrival, Elizabeth!  What a great blessing to both families!  We love you!


 


 



-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for August 17, 2006
DATE: 08/17/2006 07:31:47
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Congrats the the grad, Christy!


You have done great and will continue to be great!


 



-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for August 17, 2006
DATE: 08/17/2006 07:27:32
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Congrats to the Grad, Kirk!


Way to go, man! 


 



-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for August 17, 2006
DATE: 08/17/2006 07:21:10
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Congrats to the Grad, BJ! 


What a great job you have done! 


 


 


 



-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for August 15, 2006
DATE: 08/15/2006 15:13:25
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Ok, here is one of my favorite dancers, Alessandra Ferri.  What an impact her dancing made on me!


Alessandra Ferri studied at the Royal Ballet School in London, although she came from Italy and studied there as well.  She won the Prix de Lausanne, which by almost all accounts is the most acclaimed ballet competition in the world.   After this, she joined the Royal Ballet.  At nineteen she danced Juliet in Romeo and Juliet which was filmed and which was the first many saw of her, including me.  This film came out about the time that I was aspiring to become a professional.  I can't say how many times I watched this film and how her style influenced my style.  I am lucky, I suppose, to have the kind of general build she has; including her feet.  At the time I watched Romeo and Juliet, I hadn't seen many dancers who looked like me and it was truly great to see someone who did. 


I also learned of a motto that she lives by when learning new works.  She has said that when learning the work; first, you learn the steps-then throw them away.  Second, you learn the techniques-then throw them away.  Third, you learn the artistry.  The artistry is what lasts.  The connection of the music and the dance to the human spirit. 



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 08/15/2006 18:17:25
she is beautiful however i suspect that her grace and beauty (captured here)aren't the only inspiring things. so what else- please tell more!
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 08/15/2006 19:19:42
YES!!! thank you Candice- :)
-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for August 15, 2006
DATE: 08/15/2006 09:45:12
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Hey Mom,


Happy Birthday to You!


We love you and hope that today is great!






-----
--------
AUTHOR: byucougarladyute
TITLE: Entry for August 14, 2006
DATE: 08/14/2006 07:46:09
STATUS: publish
BODY:

Mandy and Mom.  Mandy doing what kids do...


Today A. left town for Boston.  I hope he is safe.  Airplanes...grrr. Not my favorite thing to do.  The girls and I will spend the week getting ready for school to start, getting ready for our friend Alyssa to come, and playing; Seven Peaks, Zoo, Movies etc. 


I have been trying to get started writing something other than my master's project.  I used to be a pretty good writer but it just seems I can't turn the ignition and get out of the garage.  Well, we will see how it goes.  I have also decided to start scrapbooking.  ugh.  I don't like the process but I do like the results which to me are that the kids remember the fun times we have together.


So, this is what is up with me.  Not much, not big but trudging along bit by bit.



-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: rhondonia
DATE: 08/14/2006 10:41:56
welcome!!! yeah!!! i'm thinking this was inspiration-