Andy and I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Carlsbad mission office, and deliver a little care package for Elder Barron. We met the really nice people in the office, Sis. Pusey, Sis. Boolander, and Elder Boolander. We talked to them for over 1/2 an hour (probably keeping them from their work, but it was really fun!). Sis. Pusey is originally from Orem; she has served on two other missions previously as well. Her husband was out sick for the day. After awhile she began staring at me, and then asked who my parents were. I said, "Ron and Suzanne". She said, "Oh! I served with Suzanne on the PTA!" It was really cute how she reacted. Then, she realized that Taylor was Rhonda's son, and she stated how that simply couldn't be. They all stated that Taylor was doing a great job, that he found his way into the work quickly and easily. They all felt that the companionship was a good one, really doing well in the work. Elder and Sister Boolander are also in the Del Mar Ward where Andy's uncle's family and his grandparents attend church.
The office itself is located about half a mile away from the ocean, nice office building, and certainly nice location. The office is in oldtown Carlsbad, looks like a really nice little vacation spot.
From all reports, the missionaries are very well taken care of...after meeting everyone, I would agree.
So, enjoy the photos!
Candy Jar (2018) Online-Film HD - AMAZING
6 years ago



6 comments:
How great to have that experience! I'm sure they must have mentioned your visit to Taylor too when they gave him your goodies.
I always thought Carlsbad was a cool place. When I lived in Solana Beach, Carlsbad was the "in" place for all the surfers :-).
Thanks for sharing!
Really neat! How cool that you could stop by, and see Taylor's surroundings!
i love how small the world is in the church! it seems like you can always make connections!
What a great idea that was to buy a bunch of goodies and take it to the mission home for Taylor. It really helps visualize where he is and who he is working with.
Thanks for the photos, too. The only thing is that I wish I had thought of it first. :-)
Your great.
That is super cool! It's so nice to know that good people are looking after Taylor. What a great idea to go drop off some things for him. I'm sure he really appreciated it!
i'm finally getting around to blog reading...and here it is about tay and the mission office. :)
how wonderful that you guys were able to visit and meet those lovely missionaries at the mission home!
i loved seeing who is taking care of him...and, i'm so grateful for your care of tay and that you took the photos, too.
you guys are the best. big hugs!!!
Post a Comment