Mandy came in after a nap on Saturday and said, "I am so sick of this. I don't like it when you are there when I go to sleep and then I wake up and you are not there!" After some giggles, we talked about why she has been so scared to sleep by herself lately. Mandy described monster named the green wolf who has been scaring her in her dreams. Ally offered to Mandy that she sleep in her bed when she gets scared. If any of you have ideas about teaching children not to be afraid of their imagination--I would love to hear your ideas!! The other day, Ally asked me why we kneel when we pray. I have to say that I was surprised at my own answer (which of course tells me it wasn't me answering at all). The Spirit said that it was because kneeling during prayer was practicing for when we kneel at His coming again--as He is our King. I am so grateful for the whisperings of the Spirit because I would have said something she wouldn't have understood like discussing humility but she got the answer she needed and understood.
By the way, did you all know that there are high fashion magazines which publish only items described as 'modest"? I knew there were modest clothing lines and such but this was seriously high fashion. I guess I love to see artists embracing modesty!! I will find the link and post it later.



3 comments:
Awww--I'm sorry that green monster is scaring Mandy. I'm sure you have tried anything I could suggest. I assume you have a night light. Mandy should tell the green monster to "go away and get out of my room!"
Candice, I sure enjoy all of the photos you have posted. There are some beautiful ones here. And I thought your answer to Ally was very insightful. Love You, Mom
My kids haven't really had too many issues with being scared of monsters. They DO have tons of bad dreams though and when that happens they come sleep on the floor of our room (and Rissa eventually works her way into our bed). Have you heard of that monster spray, where you have a water bottle labled monster spray and every night before bed you spray it anywhere monsters might be hiding and it makes them vanish? One mom actually has a company she started by selling the stuff. Crazy! But maybe it's worth a try! Good luck!
I have seen that magazine. I don't remember where I saw it, but it is killer. They aren't all LDS designers either. There a lots of designers who design modestly for different reasons, which they talk about.
Post a Comment