WELCOME TO BYUCOUGARLADYUTE

This site is for sharing and recording the life of the "never know what will happen next" Taylor Family.

Why do we call it BYUCOUGARLADYUTE? Simple. Andy's blood runs very true blue, very BYU. Mine? Well, it runs purple. Over five years ago, we decided to go back to school. Andy to BYU and an MBA, and I went to the U for an MFA.

Mostly this blog is about our kids: Ally, Manda and Will!

Ally and Mandy

Friday, May 02, 2008


This is Julia Kent. She is a cellist and former member of a group called Rasputina. She has made her own CD and I simply love it. I have listened to it constantly for about a week now. The CD is called Delay and it isn't pure classical it is alternative classical if that is a genre. What makes me very happy is that I have finally found my music for my graduate choreography. Whew. The assignment is to create a postmodern work--and since I am more of a neo-classical girl it will be a challenge. Andy likes my description that it is sort of a dreamlike ballet cougarette choreography. Whatever that is.

7 comments:

rhondas view said...

very cool candice! i'll have to see if i can catch some of her sound somewhere...
am i mistaken- i thought julia kent was a dancer...

Dani said...

Sounds very cool! I would love to hear it! And can't wait to see it!

Mustang Suzie said...

Can't wait to see (and hear) the whole production! How does "cougarette" fit in?! Rhonda, Julie Kent is (or was?) a pretty famous dancer who was even in a few movies. Funny that their names are that close.

rhondas view said...

thanks mom and sis for setting me straight- but candice, plz don't mistake a name dancing in my head as a 'great' memory! so NOT so!

L.R.L said...

Hi Guys!

We had so much fun with you all on Saturday! Thank you for taking such good care of us and making us feel so welcome! It was a blast. I'm excited for our Sunday in Logan!

mattyanddeidre said...

Candice, I love your blog. Your family is so beautiful!! I will have to check out that CD, it sounds very cool!

BJ said...

so... you'll have to let us listen to it sometime. I would like that.