WELCOME TO BYUCOUGARLADYUTE

This site is for sharing and recording the life of the "never know what will happen next" Taylor Family.

Why do we call it BYUCOUGARLADYUTE? Simple. Andy's blood runs very true blue, very BYU. Mine? Well, it runs purple. Over five years ago, we decided to go back to school. Andy to BYU and an MBA, and I went to the U for an MFA.

Mostly this blog is about our kids: Ally, Manda and Will!

Ally and Mandy

Monday, November 24, 2008

I am grateful for...

1. My testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Whatever I experience in life, I can attend church on Sunday and feel close to my Savior and feel glad that I am in the company of others who feel the same. I can open scriptures, say prayers and think about the blessings I have in my life.
2. My family. I am missing them fiercely right now! I can't wait to squeeze my girls and my sweet husband on Wednesday!
3. Kindness of others. Just when I think that the world is becoming the negative place I hear about on the news, someone does or says something so kind and thoughtful--it brings me to my senses.
4. Freedom. I can choose my day, my week, my year--my life. How spectacular is that? Sure, I have responsibilities, but I chose them--America is a great place.
5. Beauty. And I don't mean the glossy prints in magazines. I mean the organic beauty of the earth, the sparkle in the eyes of my daughters who "desperately" have to tell me about school or whatever, the beauty of well-formed thoughts or works...I could go on and on.
6. Friends and family. People who lift, support, make me laugh, and help me understand.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

What a lovely post! It was so nice to spend the afternoon with you yesterday. Hope all went well with your school projects and that you, Andy and the girls have a wonderful time in Washington! Tell everyone hello for us. We love you! Mom

Dani said...

Very nice thoughts! Thanks for taking the time to share them. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I love you!

Wrangler Ron said...

Beautifully said, Candice. I wish I could write so beautifully so easily.
Thanks for sharing.
Love ya.