WELCOME TO BYUCOUGARLADYUTE

This site is for sharing and recording the life of the "never know what will happen next" Taylor Family.

Why do we call it BYUCOUGARLADYUTE? Simple. Andy's blood runs very true blue, very BYU. Mine? Well, it runs purple. Over five years ago, we decided to go back to school. Andy to BYU and an MBA, and I went to the U for an MFA.

Mostly this blog is about our kids: Ally, Manda and Will!

Ally and Mandy

Monday, December 01, 2008

Well, it is wrapping up. The semester and the entire program. I will be taking my oral exam on Friday, Dec. 12. And I will be done.

Looking back, it has been difficult, tiring and also, engaging and enlightening. I thought I knew what I would do well and what I wouldn't do well--I learned I was both right and wrong. Funny, too, I thought I knew what I would go on and do next. The fact is I don't know. What I do know is I have it done. I went back to school and atoned for not being a great student at BYU. It irked me as soon as I was married that I hadn't done my best. I feel I wasn't grateful for opportunities by being the kind of student I was at BYU (I wasn't horrible but I certainly wasn't great). Thankfully, I was given the opportunity to try again. Perhaps all students should have that experience of leaving and coming back--it does make a difference.

Anyway, I still will be a bit of a cave dweller (unseen and unheard) for the next two weeks. But pretty soon I will be dancing (some kind of strange and happy dance to be sure) and breathing again!

6 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

We will all be happy to see you come up for air! I'm so glad that you are nearly done. It will be nice for you to relax some and have time to enjoy your life. It's also a great achievement to do what you have done and to have learned what you have learned. Kudos!

Dani said...

I know how much work you have put into this. You should be so proud of yourself! I'm sure you are glad to see the end come. I, for one, look forward to seeing you a bit more! Great job Candice!

rochelle said...

Yay!!! Wahoo!! Almost there! You've worked so hard, and you're about done! So excited for you!

Wrangler Ron said...

We're all proud of what you have accomplished. Lot's of hard work and sacrifice. You've certainly distquished yourself by what you've achieved here. But it will be nice to relax a bit, get to spend some quality time with your family, and work on your book.
Treat yourself with some of those quite times at home now. You deserve it.

rhondas view said...

it's a wonderful thing you've done. and to be able to sit back and evaluate...wow!
i'm proud of you. you inspire me! you're a dancing doll with brains- a true kick in the pants to this old world.
love ya honey!

Nate and Amy said...

What a Woman! I am so impressed with all your hard work. You did it! I couldn't be happier for you. I always knew you could do anything you wanted. What a success! We are all so proud of you, Candice.

Amy