WELCOME TO BYUCOUGARLADYUTE

This site is for sharing and recording the life of the "never know what will happen next" Taylor Family.

Why do we call it BYUCOUGARLADYUTE? Simple. Andy's blood runs very true blue, very BYU. Mine? Well, it runs purple. Over five years ago, we decided to go back to school. Andy to BYU and an MBA, and I went to the U for an MFA.

Mostly this blog is about our kids: Ally, Manda and Will!

Ally and Mandy

Monday, November 10, 2008

This article was brought to my attention recently. I don't really have an issue with Obama himself, but I have had this feeling that he was taking far too much credit on making the American Dream possible for all people. This article was written by a young man born in war, but whose parents made it possible for the family to come to America where he was ridiculed for his ability to speak English and one professor said he looked like one of the 9/11 bombers. He was told that he would continue to be hated in America because of his heritage and all along he felt he just needed to work and stay focused--which he did. Anyway, he tells it best.

"Even before Obama, I already knew I could"

http://www.paulibrahim.com/




2 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

I really like the look and feel of your new blog. The colors are very warm and soothing. I'm trying to remember where I read this article before. I've seen it somewhere. I'm grateful every day for the freedoms and opportunities available for us here in this land. Which reminds me that tomorrow is Veteran's Day. Thanks for sharing.

Dani said...

I like the new look on your blog too! I enjoyed reading the article and some of his other stuff as well. Thanks for posting the link!