WELCOME TO BYUCOUGARLADYUTE

This site is for sharing and recording the life of the "never know what will happen next" Taylor Family.

Why do we call it BYUCOUGARLADYUTE? Simple. Andy's blood runs very true blue, very BYU. Mine? Well, it runs purple. Over five years ago, we decided to go back to school. Andy to BYU and an MBA, and I went to the U for an MFA.

Mostly this blog is about our kids: Ally, Manda and Will!

Ally and Mandy

Sunday, January 04, 2009

We are baaack. We had such a great vacation. We were able to stay with Amy, Nate and their fabulous kids, Dave and Cathy and their fabulous kids, and with Grandma Dot and Papa Lou! How lucky are we! Christmas was fantastic--we spent it at Amy's house, with Grandma Cindy and Papa Dan too. The girls didn't waste a minute of play time (which I just loved seeing). In fact, there was rarely even any fighting, wailing or whining!

Ally had a dream come true; she was given an opportunity to be "Mary" for the extended family nativity. She was literally bursting with pride. Andy and Jana had a great party. Walking through the famous avenue of lights was thrilling.

The day at Disneyland was really fun. Manda got to wear her birthday badge, and she was told "Happy Birthday, Manda" from Ariel, Ariel's helpers, and Billy Hill (not to mention all his brothers, "Billy"). We even have a film to share (Cindy was quick on the draw to capture it).

We hadn't spent a Christmas in CA since Ally was little, and it was just wonderful to be able to have the chance to do it this year.

Since being back, we visited with Grandma Sue and Papa Ron--even getting to eat at the Olive Garden. I truly don't know how I feel about going back to work! It really has been a lovely December!

4 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

We are so happy to have you back but glad you had a wonderful, restful time. Just think, Candice, just 3 1/2 months, you are done working and we can all play! Can't wait for that.

Sure enjoyed seeing you all again yesterday at Olive Garden :-). Good luck tomorrow.

Michelle Starrs said...

What a fun vacation! Ally was the best Mary :) with baby Jesus as a monkey... heehee Love you guys!

Dani said...

I'm glad that you all had so much fun! We missed you here though and so I'm glad that you are back! Loved the video with Billy Hill and Manda. I just love those guys!!

rochelle said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun! Glad to have you back!