WELCOME TO BYUCOUGARLADYUTE

This site is for sharing and recording the life of the "never know what will happen next" Taylor Family.

Why do we call it BYUCOUGARLADYUTE? Simple. Andy's blood runs very true blue, very BYU. Mine? Well, it runs purple. Over five years ago, we decided to go back to school. Andy to BYU and an MBA, and I went to the U for an MFA.

Mostly this blog is about our kids: Ally, Manda and Will!

Ally and Mandy

Saturday, June 20, 2009

We are so excited. Getting ready for baby is fun! Today I purchased this camera with graduation money (thanks everyone!), and with an employee award Andy won. It's HD. Yea!! It should come within a few days.






I have also become a renewed fan of IKEA. We have had to pretty much start over as far as baby items are concerned. Reason #1: Mandy was murderous on her crib, car seat, swing...the list goes on and on. She loved her stuff, and it eventually broke under her care. Reason #2: We are having a boy--so pink will not do. In the hopes of not breaking the bank, we have come up with the above nursery furniture ideas. (If you have heard anything negative about these items, feel free to opine!)

4 comments:

Dani said...

I haven't heard about the IKEA stuff, good or bad, but I think that most people love what they get there. It's probably a pretty safe bet! So fun to do all of the planning for little Will. Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Ashlee said...

I love IKEA too! Such great prices for good stuff. That camcorder looks awesome!

Erka said...

I got the same crib in the blonde/natural wood color from Ikea too. I have really liked it! It will take some time to put together, but then it's pretty sturdy. Something else I liked about it is that when you lower it down once they grow up a bit, it is pretty deep and it's not that easy to climb out of. Julia was able to be in it til a couple of weeks ago. Oh, and when I turned it into a toddler bed, it looked pretty cute too! I don't have any experience with the other furniture, but something that I found out pretty soon once Julia was born, is that I needed more drawers. I had to go back and buy a chest of five drawers. Anyways, I really like the color you chose too. My Ikea did not have that crib in dark wood. The camcorder looks great, I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it!

Elisa said...

The only lame thing about IKEA stuff is putting it together. But thats what husbands are for. After that, they are wonderful! Don't spend money you don't need to!! You're getting close, I'm excited for you!