WELCOME TO BYUCOUGARLADYUTE

This site is for sharing and recording the life of the "never know what will happen next" Taylor Family.

Why do we call it BYUCOUGARLADYUTE? Simple. Andy's blood runs very true blue, very BYU. Mine? Well, it runs purple. Over five years ago, we decided to go back to school. Andy to BYU and an MBA, and I went to the U for an MFA.

Mostly this blog is about our kids: Ally, Manda and Will!

Ally and Mandy

Wednesday, July 15, 2009



This summer Ally made a big jump to the intermediate summer ballet class. She really wanted to dance with Kimmy--and since Jackie okay'd it, I thought why not?

What I didn't expect was this kid to go from hating ballet to absolutely loving it! She has had an absolute blast all summer long taking ballet, pointe (but off-pointe), jazz, yoga, pilates, modern, and character. She has also had the opportunity to meet some of my very old friends (not old as in age, but old as in I have known them forever!). YiQi Cheng was my ballet teacher while I was at the University of Utah (as a teenager), and then at BYU. I love that woman! YiQi was very impressed with Ally, and her cousin Kimmy. Ally also had the opportunity to take modern from Nichole Ortega--someone I have known and adored for almost 30 years--ahhh!

I am just really glad that she had the opportunity to see why I love dance so much. And now, she does too. She is even only an inch away from getting her splits--an improvement of like 3 inches!

Manda has really enjoyed her ballet class too. But truthfully, we have really had fun on our Mommy/Manda dates while Ally was in ballet class. We have done a bunch of little activities like shop, go to the library, have lunch out etc. She is such a blast to be around!

So taking advantage of a moment when YiQi asked me to come in and watch, I took a couple of photos of my daughter and one of my mentors. So fun!

5 comments:

Dani said...

So fun! Thanks for getting some photos. Kimmy has had a blast all summer too. Yay!

Mustang Suzie said...

I love YiQi too. She must be having a blast teaching those adorable girls. So glad Ally is enjoying learning all the different dance techniques. I'm sure she and Kimmy are loving being together too. What fun that you were able to take these pix. Have a great time this week. We love you!

Ashlee said...

Oh wow! What a neat thing! She looks so cute in those pictures :)

rhondas view said...

very cute! and wow- that is a big attitude change :) i'm so glad that she had a great experience with the dancing this summer!

Stephanie said...

What a great thing for you. I would love to have a daugther do well and love to dance. Until then hopefully Benjamin will like hip-hop and tap. That is about all I can maybe get Joseph to allow.