WELCOME TO BYUCOUGARLADYUTE

This site is for sharing and recording the life of the "never know what will happen next" Taylor Family.

Why do we call it BYUCOUGARLADYUTE? Simple. Andy's blood runs very true blue, very BYU. Mine? Well, it runs purple. Over five years ago, we decided to go back to school. Andy to BYU and an MBA, and I went to the U for an MFA.

Mostly this blog is about our kids: Ally, Manda and Will!

Ally and Mandy

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Will is here! He came on Monday, October 12th, 2009 at 1:07 pm. He was 20 1/2 inches and 8 lbs. 7 oz. He was born with lots of blonde hair and a beautiful complexion.

William is now two weeks old. He is absolutely a wonderful baby. He is calm, and sticks to a schedule, eats well, sleeps well. We couldn't ask for an easier baby. He had his two week check up and everything is going well. He is beginning to focus on us more, and throws a smile or two our way--which we love!

Sunday evening we went to my parents' house for dinner and to also take photos. They turned out great. The problem is that our main computer has tanked and Andy is currently fixing it. Until he does, I can't post any photos. Sorry!!!

Today, Ally and I will be taking photos for her Reflections assignment. Should be fun. The girls are doing well. They are getting used to having mom be so busy with the baby. They are really supportive. They are doing very well in school. Manda had an in-class recital yesterday at Center Stage. It was really cute. They performed a charleston tap dance, and a monster mash jazz dance. She is so expressive! Ally received good news from the dance section of her life. She will be in URB's Nutcracker in the party scene! It is very exciting for her. She gets to dance with her cousin, Kimmy, too! It brings back memories for me as well. Of course my first party scene was when I was thirteen!

Andy received a promotion at work, again. He is so funny. He'll worry and worry about "keeping his job". Then, the next thing I know they are promoting him again. He is now an official manager at Symantec. He has direct reports now, I think he manages a total of 10 people or so. I am sure he will be a good manager--he is very in tune with people.

I am recovering much better this week. The first week was rough. Will was big for me, and the recovery has been slower. I will start teaching next week at my two time a week job at Center Stage. I know, I will take it easy. Other than that and running the girls around, Will and I will be home a lot. Doctor's orders. We will have to make the most of all the holidays from the homefront. Small sacrifice for a healthy baby! Thank heavens for grandparents who will take the girls to fun stuff this Christmas time!

Speaking of grandparents, we also had Dan and Cindy here this week. Twice actually. They are retired, and travelling lots. It was very nice to have them here. Cindy helped tons with getting Will's room ready, making pies, shopping, holding Will. Dan was able to relax and hold Will--who looks so much like his grandpa!!

So, there's the update with a promise to get photos on asap. Bye!

8 comments:

Michelle Starrs said...

Oh i am so happy things are going well! I can't wait to meet little Will and for him and Ray to be friends :) Yeah for healthy, happy baby boys :)

Ashlee said...

Oh! There is nothing in the world like bringing home a new little baby. I'm so very happy for you... and only a tad bit jealous. I can't wait to hear how you like having a little boy! It was great to hear the updates too... congratulations to Andy on his promotion and Ally for the party scene! Can't wait for the pictures! Give that newborn a little snuggle for me!

Mustang Suzie said...

Love how happy you are! And love that everything is going so well. Wish I could have seen Mandy yesterday. I'll bet she loved doing that! There are many fun times ahead for all of us. We've just got to get these little ones through this time of disease. You are doing great, Candice and I'm so proud of you. Love ya!

Elisa said...

i've been wondering how you are! I'm so glad Will is here safely and that you're through the first two weeks of healing. Gotta love that time! :) Can't wait for pictures when your computer is up again! And congrats to Andy at work, that is so wonderful, especially in this economy!

Adrienne said...

hooray! congratulations. I can't believe you'll be teaching all ready, but then again, I can and totally admire you for it. Can't wait for pictures :)

coryshay said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you! Good luck adjusting to 3... I am so happy you got a boy to finish off your little family! Good luck at Center Stage!

Stephanie said...

I am glad things went well for you. Big babies are tough. I can't believe Ally is that old! Yeah for her.

the mom said...

SO happy for all your good fortune. We look forward to meeting your new little one!