WELCOME TO BYUCOUGARLADYUTE

This site is for sharing and recording the life of the "never know what will happen next" Taylor Family.

Why do we call it BYUCOUGARLADYUTE? Simple. Andy's blood runs very true blue, very BYU. Mine? Well, it runs purple. Over five years ago, we decided to go back to school. Andy to BYU and an MBA, and I went to the U for an MFA.

Mostly this blog is about our kids: Ally, Manda and Will!

Ally and Mandy

Monday, December 14, 2009

Our Computer Disaster


Our Computer Disaster...

It is very sad. Our computer hard drive died, and Andy thought he had backed it all up. But he didn't. He is sending our hard drive to a service and for $600.00 they claim to be able to give me back all my photos. All my photos. Yes, I had a good cry--because it isn't certain yet that we will get them back. Now you might think that I am mad at Andy for not backing them up. I'm not. He honestly thought he had, and he has been so busy. He knows IT like the back of his hand (why do we say cliches like that?), but he has been so busy. And I haven't felt well all year with the pregnancy to annoy him about it. :) Please send a little prayer this way for us to get our memories back!

And, I am going to try something a friend of mine has done. I believe she called it the 365 project. Anyway, she recorded events from her family for 365 days. And it was fun to read about. Her daughter is a cutie! I feel that at this moment, we are in such a golden time in our family (putting aside the computer disaster) that it requires some effort on my part to record it. So, I have made my cameras at an arm's distance, and my laptop too...to record 2010.

Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Elisa said...

Oh that sucks you guys!! I have the biggest fear of that happening! We recently backed everything up on Mozy, and I'm so glad. I hope you get it all back!!

coryshay said...

Ok... how weird is this. My external hard drive is where I put all (ALL 8,000 pics of jocelyn) crashed completely... no back up, no nothing. If it wasn't for my Project 365, I would have almost no memories or pictures of her. True, it's all on the blog and they're terrible as far as resolution goes, but at least it's something. Yay for Project 365! I feel for you (and I might need the info on the person who can get my pics back!)

Michelle Starrs said...

oh that is to sad about your photos! i hope you get them back. We just bought an external hard drive and started backing up all our photos. i'm happy we did it because all our photos are on one lap top. and i shouldn't trust in it as much as i do! miss you guys!

Mustang Suzie said...

Well I do have lots and lots of pix of your family so I hope that helps some if you don't get yours back. Guess I'll go back some more up on the external hard drive :-)!

Nate and Amy said...

That makes me feel ill. Losing your hard drive is awful, especially your pictures. Hopefully, the service will be able to locate and save them. On a happier note, your kids are delightful!! We had such a fun time seeing you in Utah. Little Will is so handsome. Ally and Amanda are so fun. Have a very Merry Christmas.
Love,
Amy