WELCOME TO BYUCOUGARLADYUTE

This site is for sharing and recording the life of the "never know what will happen next" Taylor Family.

Why do we call it BYUCOUGARLADYUTE? Simple. Andy's blood runs very true blue, very BYU. Mine? Well, it runs purple. Over five years ago, we decided to go back to school. Andy to BYU and an MBA, and I went to the U for an MFA.

Mostly this blog is about our kids: Ally, Manda and Will!

Ally and Mandy

Monday, January 04, 2010

Amanda's Funnies






















Amanda sees the world in a way uniquely her own. I have quite a few of Andy's family staying with me right now, and we have giggled at things Manda says. It has made me realize that I need to write some of them down for family history (who says family history is boring?) and I am writing them here to share with all of you.

To her visiting Great-Grandparents, "You only like me because of my dress."

To her Great-Grandma Dot who had just pulled her tooth out, "They weren't lying, you are good at this!"

Describing a conversation to her daddy that she had with her "boyfriend", "I told him that I call him my boyfriend but that's because he is my friend and he is a boy. He said that was okay. But actually I have a boyfriend in my mind." Then Dad said, "Well, who is that?" "It is you, Dad!" "Hey Candice, do you have $10.00?"
"Mom, I want to go wherever you go. I want to be this close to you." Stated while I was trying to do the laundry...
"Mom, our whole class got in trouble today except for me and Sammie!" "Manda, why are you crying?" "Because I know I am next!"

About the Orkin man's visit to the house, " well, I'm not scared.  He is here to fight bugs--not humans."

3 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

So glad you did this! She is so adorable and I LOVE the picture. It kind of gives you an idea of what she will look like as a teen--beautiful! She is so funny. I love to read these and I passed this on to my folks and Bobbie in an email. :-)

Erka said...

She is so funny! This post really made me laugh!

rochelle said...

Too funny! I too got a good laugh from reading those very quotable quotes!