WELCOME TO BYUCOUGARLADYUTE

This site is for sharing and recording the life of the "never know what will happen next" Taylor Family.

Why do we call it BYUCOUGARLADYUTE? Simple. Andy's blood runs very true blue, very BYU. Mine? Well, it runs purple. Over five years ago, we decided to go back to school. Andy to BYU and an MBA, and I went to the U for an MFA.

Mostly this blog is about our kids: Ally, Manda and Will!

Ally and Mandy

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Something I'm Going Through

I am sure I am not the only one who feels it is much easier to blog about children, family--anyone else rather than myself.  It is really difficult!  However, I am going to mention something I am going through.  For a long time, I felt like I might be crazy.  Really crazy.  I didn't feel well.  But no one could tell me why.  I have tried various types of medicines for various types of illnesses--but those were really shots in the dark.  What I tired of most was how many doctors simply said--it is all in your head.  You are depressed.  Here is a pill for you.  Try it, most likely you will feel better soon.  And I didn't. 

I finally asked for some blood work to be done.  But of course that came with a side of you are simply feeling the baby blues.  You are mostly likely just fine.  Don't worry.  I said, "You know what, I have heard that before.  This feels like Mono to me, I have had it before and have never felt right since.  Could you check for that?"  She said sure, but no ones tests for mono a second time because it doesn't show up--but who knows you might be the weird case. 

Well, apparently I am.  It showed up.  Not only to I have mono, but my white cell count is way down.  She doesn't know why--so more tests.  While I don't think it is ever good news to hear about an illness, it is always good news to know that I am not crazy and now can look forward to doing what I can to remedy my situation. 

7 comments:

Dani said...

Well, I'm glad that we talked today. I just wanted to let you know that if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask!!! I love you!!

Elisa said...

Ahhhh. It's a great moment to realize, I'm not crazy!!! I really hope you can get past the Mono and that you feel better soon. But I'm also glad to know you're not facing cronic depression...that would be way worse!! Hope you feel better soon!

BJ said...

Good luck with that Candice. Get feeling better!

Erka said...

Candice, while I am sad you are not feeling well, I am glad to hear at least you are on the right path of finding out what's been making you feel sick! I hate it how doctors are sometimes... I went through that myself all last year. I had absolutely no energy and just fell unwell all over. I felt so dumb even going to the doctor over and over for him to just tell me I was stressed out and I just needed to relax. Well, so it happened I had mono and then my thyroid was way way low! Now I am on a hormone replacement pill for the rest of my life, but hey, at least I know I was not making things up!
I hope you start feeling better soon!

Mustang Suzie said...

I think when it comes to doctors that we all have to be a little assertive! Glad that you were. I hope you can feel better soon. You may have infection in addition to the mono. And I hope little Will feels better soon Your family needs to get healthy again! Love you and will see you when I get back next week. Please keep in touch on my cell. Mom

coryshay said...

I'm glad you at least know more about what's going on... I feel like I have to find a homeopathic specialist anymore, I have a hard time with Dr.'s that tell you that everything is fine when you tell them something's wrong. So sorry and hope it all gets figured out

rhondas view said...

we've talked about this before- it is so maddening how all things medical "must" procede. anyway, i'm glad that you know what you're dealing with and i hope that you're on the mend! i'm sorry that i've been no help :(

hugs, and loves and updates please!!!