No, seriously! I went into a bit of a tantrum when I learned that OnTrack couldn't retrieve my photos. I think I saw this coming too, because blogging just felt sad! But, my hopes are up again--we've heard of another place that does jpeg only retrievals. So here is to hoping I can get my memories back!
We just got back from visiting Seattle. The kids and I were there for about 3 weeks and Andy joined us for 2. We haven't relaxed that much in awhile! Thanks for Dan and Cindy for hosting us! We loved being there. We have lots of (now backed-up times 3) photos of the trip. Will post soon.
Will is now crawling, pulling himself to stand, and standing briefly on his own. He is just so darn cute! He just brings so much fun into our home! All the way home from Seattle, the girls were giggling with him as he blew raspberries. Lately, the girls have been getting him to mimic their words! He is on to hi, hey, ally (aaa eee), and dada.
Rhonda is in town! Yay! I sang with her in the Orem High Reunion Choir last night. She had to pretty much drag me there but once I was there I enjoyed it immensely! Had some tricky sight-reading, but overall it was really fun. Also, we went to Grandpa Stan's Taylor Family Reunion. Grandpa Stan comes from a large family--I think 14. There were six siblings there yesterday. I am pretty sure most of them were in their nineties--they are just the cutest grandparents!!! Aunt Jill provided some really creative activities for all the children which made it easy for the rest of us to chat, which we did! Met family and re-met family. I am glad we went.
Today is my birthday. Ugh. I don't want to go into why this one is a bit harder, probably a mid-life crisis thing. Who knows? But the fun began this morning with my two little girls running in to sing "Happy Birthday" with a cha-cha-cha, a ooh-la-la and something about sticking my head in hot la-vah! I do like having my birthday in the summer--the evenings are so beautiful!! I have so loved sitting outside after the kids have gone to bed and just feeling the summer breeze from the canyon and watching the leaves twirl on the branches of the aspen.
Manda is still funny as ever. Andy has recently decided to grow facial hair. It sort of looks like a goatee. But everytime Manda looks at him, she is hot under the collar! "Dad that tooth thing looks disgusting" "Dad you look like a bear" "Dad I won't kiss you with that icky hair on your face" etc. It is funny to see her wage her little war. And she is determined! I don't know who will win, but I think I am enjoying her efforts. :)
Ally is enjoying tons of playdates with friends. She just loves school and her school friends. She is growing up so fast. The conversations I have with her as she watches the news (a summer homework assignment) are profound. It suprises me how much she gets about grown-up life. So much so that she is very happy to be where she is in life and in not too big a hurry to grow-up, and that makes me glad.
Candy Jar (2018) Online-Film HD - AMAZING
6 years ago



4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Candice! I hope you're enjoying your day!
Good to know you're still out there and doing well!! Take me to Seattle next time please! :)
What a great post! Thanks for the updates on everyone. After being together over Easter at Uncle Dave's, I feel like you should be at every family event. You are missed. Happy Late Bday! Every birthday brings challenges. Change is hard. I think you are an amazing mother of 3 and so much more, what an amazing year to celebrate that! That is hilarious about Andy's facial hair. Every other year, when it is Christmas on the Lee side, the boys ( minus my dad) grow beards. It is pretty hilarious. Brian ALWAYS wins. He truly is a Brown Bear Brian. The best part... Grandma HATES it! She makes all kinds of funny comments. ahhh Love those family memories. So steer clear of Grandma Dot, Andy! Love you guys!
Happy to hear the updates! I can't believe how old your kids are. I hope you had a great birthday.
Post a Comment