WELCOME TO BYUCOUGARLADYUTE

This site is for sharing and recording the life of the "never know what will happen next" Taylor Family.

Why do we call it BYUCOUGARLADYUTE? Simple. Andy's blood runs very true blue, very BYU. Mine? Well, it runs purple. Over five years ago, we decided to go back to school. Andy to BYU and an MBA, and I went to the U for an MFA.

Mostly this blog is about our kids: Ally, Manda and Will!

Ally and Mandy

Friday, March 04, 2011

The First Competition

My girls as most of you know decided that ballet alone was not something they could tolerate.  They have fallen in love with Center Stage and all the chaos that goes with it.  They love the energy and the people there too.  They have also had a lot of catching up to do...lots.  So to that end,  we lead this crazy life of busy"ness"  and it involves school then for Manda 2 or 3 hours at CS and for Ally 3 or 4 hours a day at CS.  It also involves a lot of private coaching from great teachers like Stacy Bills, Janalyn Memmott, Kenzi Norris and Vanessa Millecam.  Ally is even starting private coaching in ballroom with Ashly Del Grosso. 

It is finally starting to pay off--they look great.  Really great.  Ally went from no pirouettes this summer to three.  Manda is working on her doubles too.  Manda got her splits...which for her has been a huge accomplishment and Ally at the barre can develope her leg to the side so high that it almost touches her ear. 

For my end, I was so nervous to teach my own kids.  Let me say it is different.  They don't listen as well to mom sometimes...grrr.  But I am glad we have gone through it.  They have become fun for me to teach (mostly) and I wouldn't want to give that up now.  What's more, it is one more thing we can bond over...some of my greatest friendships have come through dancing. 

Their first competition was last Saturday.  They both did so well, I am so proud of them.  Both of their teams took first...Ally's team took overall for their division.  What a way to start!

5 comments:

Erka said...

Oh, I like CS! They were so nice to me and agreed to come two years in a row at Utah's Special Olympics when I helped organize them while at BYU!
Did you take any pics of the competition? I bet the girls looked adorable in their costumes!

Mustang Suzie said...

So glad they are happy there and doing well. Like Erka, I would like to see PHOTOS! Everyone needs to find "their thing" and it sounds like Ally and Manda have found theirs. :) Looking forward to seeing them dance in the future! Love ya--Mom

Adrienne said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but I don't have your email anymore. I do need to ask a question, though... was your husband in the Priesthood Session Choir? My husband pointed out someone who looked uncannily like your husband :) Any chances it really was?

Utah Dancer said...

Adrienne, my email is andrewcandice@gmail.com. And yes, that was Andy!

Utah Dancer said...

Adrienne, my email is andrewcandice@gmail.com. And yes, that was Andy!