
Another semester done. Ahhhh. Turning in my grades today, and thank heavens!! This was a tough semester to get through with the pregnancy and all, but it is finished.
I am not sure about my work future at this point with the new baby coming and all, and to tell you the truth--I have had this little voice in my head for a couple of years now saying to me, "come home".
Sounds easy enough, but the reality is much different. I have pretty much worked my entire adult life, with two exceptions: 1) my mission--but hey, that is still definitely work! and 2) our move to Washington state--where I had a difficult time adjusting to the move, a difficult pregnancy, and Manda's health issues following delivery.
I am pretty sure I would miss teaching. A lot. But the other side of this argument is very persuasive to me as well. I have always been curious of life outside of my chosen art--truth is I used to be in art classes, music classes, photography classes and more but gave those up to pursue dance full time. I am also very moved by my daughter's pleas to have me be more part of her schooling by coming in to the classroom as a helper--how long will she want me to do that?!? Ally is a hugh part of this thought process as she begs for more home cooking, more homemaking, more "mommyness" and less time involved with other aspects of my life. With that said, I realize that it is a bad idea to give up on things I love--but I am guessing that I will develop new things I love by opening up some time.
So, one thing is for sure. As I try this summer to be a better homemaker, I will definitely love to hear from all the experts I know in my family and friends!! I will post my adventures in homemaking this summer, and we shall see what kind of a homemaking student I am!
Candy Jar (2018) Online-Film HD - AMAZING
6 years ago



6 comments:
YOU CAN DO IT!!! You are so awesome. I know that no matter what you do, you will be amazing at it.
Congratulations again on being done. I am bummed I can't be there to watch you walk, but just know I am there in spirit.
Love you!
honey...what a very sweet post. has me in tears even! you are brilliant in so many areas- i don't know that interests have to completely go...but being a mommy, and truly focusing on it, will be the most important thing you ever do. when you get to be where i am, you will always be so thankful for the opportunity that is yours to stay home and love on the most important people of your life.
LOVE YOU!
Oh girl, more power to you! You would be a brilliant stay at home mom if that is what you choose. But hey, I understand, I've Always worked too and it's SO hard to stop. Good luck! You've been in my thoughts!
I agree with Rhonda completely. Interests don't have to completely go just because you choose to be home. You might find new, smaller, less time consuming ways to fulfill that part of you that you never thought of before. Honestly though, the driving force for me is the knowledge that I will never get these years back. I want to spend every moment being a mommy that I can. And believe me... there is no such thing as a perfect homemaker, just be you and you'll be great.
I love you and good luck with your decision!
You've always done well with whatever you put your heart into. And I know your heart is into your family! You will be awesome. I can't wait to hold the new baby and be a part of your new life at home!
Love you and so happy you are feeling better. Excited about next week up at the U!
Candice, as you listen to that still small voice in you (and your family as well)you will know that staying home right now is eternally important. You will find it fulfilling and richly rewarding. As I've heard it said, you've never heard anyone say that they wish they had spent more of their life at work. Home is indeed where the heart is and your family will love, love having you there 24/7. We will all be watching and learning with you as your adventures unfold and your life is enriched.
Love ya.
Post a Comment